1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HAVA wi-fi

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by God's Son, Feb 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. God's Son

God's Son Member

This one:

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0293362

here is my situation. i have some older tvs with antennas that dont have a cable or satellite box hooked up to them. at the same time in our house we have dish network with total of two boxes on two different tvs, but there are two more tvs in other rooms that have nothing hooked up to them and iam trying to somehow share the programming from one of those dvr boxes to over-the-air antennas on old tvs in the house

what iam tryin to figure out is if this hava wi-fi would be the answer to my dilemma or if there is another way to do it? can i use this hava wi-fi to broadcast the programming from one tv/dvr box over the air in the house whereas i can just pick up that signal like anyone of the other local channels i get?

any other cheaper solutions or even expensive ones? i dont want to add another box and pay extra for it if i can help it, and i dont want to drill any more holes around the house

2. g1184

g1184 Member

Sony LF-V30 LocationFree Base Station ?

3. DJNICK

DJNICK Member

Here is your answer:

Link

I have this system in my house with 4 receivers and it works great. You don't need wifi to transmit tv signals in your own house.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Hava Wi Fi works but I don't think it does what you want, you would need a receiver getting the broadcast signal at each TV.

DD

5. God's Son

God's Son Member

that sounds like what i would want cause it doesnt gobble up bandwidth, but is signal good enough/strong enough to be picked up with a regular analog antenna?

also do u hook it up to the tv itself or the dvr? how does signal broadcasting/hookup work?

thx man

6. DJNICK

DJNICK Member

Signal is good if you align the antenna's properly. It does not interfere with my wifi. The only time there is interference is when I am microwaving something. There is a transmitter unit that you hook up to the dvr and then each tv will need a receiver unit. There is also an ir transmitter so you can control the dvr from each tv.