1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Haunted Houses

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hitman21, Oct 20, 2006.

1. hitman21

hitman21 Member

What is the best haunted house in Houston? Any recommendations?

2. aeroman10

aeroman10 Member

Nope ... they all suck.
    It sucks to go at this time..they are all packed and not fun.
    I went to Scream World last Friday - there were way more people than they could handle. The house was packed, it wasnt even scary...it was kind of stupid in fact...you dont get scared at all since its like a "bumper to bumper" line to get through the house....the line was better...

I would say avoid Scream World. Try Phobia - it was good in the past even when its busy...they seem to try harder to leave some gaps between people when sending them in.

3. jo mama

jo mama Member

if you are in austin there is a cool place called THE ENCHANTED FOREST - it is on oltorff, between lamar and the r.r. tracks. there is a 3 acre semi-forested lot across from the officemax that they turned into a spooky trail that takes about 20 minutes to walk thru. giant metal spiders, masked ghouls with chainsaws - and a really fun ending, which i dont want to spoil.

the cool thing is that they space out the groups by 2 or 3 minutes so you only go with your friends, rather than a whole group of strangers. this allows all the monsters and gobblins to focus their attention on scaring you as you walk thru.

10 dollar "donation" - i think they are having bands there too certain nights - i saw gorch fock on friday the 13th - they are actually really good music for walking down haunted trails to (think butthole surfers style psychedellic noise-fest)