1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Haunted Houses around Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JuLiO-R-, Oct 17, 2009.

1. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Member

So I haven't been to one in years...I have no clue about any of them right now. So I'm here to ask...What's good out there? What will be worth my time and money?...I really don't feel like going to a random house, and feel like I wasted my time.

So any recommendations?

2. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

there's always good ones in kemah

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I've been to a few. Scream World blows. Not scary/fun at all. Phobia is probably the best around. Haunted houses tend to be a bit expensive though. So, not sure exactly what you would consider worth it. I had fun though. There's like 6 different houses you can go to. Get the package that's like 3 houses for $24. I think that's probably the best value. The thing about haunted houses is that you should try going with a nice sized group. I hate getting stuck behind slow ppl who make you see everything that was gonna happen before it does. It kind of ruins the whole experience. So, if you have your own group of more than like 4 people it works better. Just do not go to any haunted house after it rains. Shoes/clothes = destroyed.

4. Fatty FatBastard

5. Convictedstupid

Ive heard the one at Kemah is the best.

6. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

i can't remember which one it was (maybe Phobia?), but i went to one last year that cost me $25, and it was not scary at all. it was the same tired trick after another as we turned every corner.

i've always heard about some haunted place that has multiple stories or something and you get to keep your money, or something like that, if you make it all the way through. does anyone know what i'm talking about?? if something is so scary to where they actually reward you if you make it all the way through, then i'm up for that.

7. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Watch a rockets home game.

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

[​IMG]

9. aeroman10

aeroman10 Member

I believe that was the Haunted Hotel - it was located downtown - not there any more. It was operated by what is now Scream World.

By the way, I went to Scream World this year. Went the second week after it opened because I hate long lines and when there is not a lot of people its scarier since you're in there with just your group. It was pretty good - there were big chunks of the house that were totally pitch black - could not see a single thing while walking - just had to feel around.

10. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

thanks, aeroman!! i looked up ScreamWorld's website - this is EXACTLY what i was looking for. i can't wait to check it out. thanks, again.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    You're gonna be disappointed. Scream World isn't that great. Go to Phobia...

12. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

So, do they still give out refunds if you get past the Haunted Hotel?