1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hatred from the left for Pat Tillman and the U.S.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bamaslammer, Apr 27, 2004.

1. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Bamma there was no report that said Iraq was in six months of a nuke. The IAEA never said that. The Bush folk kept changing there was another report that he actually meant. It turns out that report didn't exist either. Finally they named a report that hadn't even been released at the time of Bush's original comment. They lied and then put forth a lame attempt to cover it.

There was no best information available that WMD's were found in Iraq. Nobody, other than Fox News ever made such a claim to the president. Yet he still said that on Polish national television.

Where I come from intentionally making up stuff that isn't true, is called a lie.

I've given specifics.

2. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Member

I've been waiting awhile to post this piece that totally rebuts the liberal myths surrounding Iraq, but now is as good a time as ever.

link

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Member

I've been waiting awhile to post this link to Bush's top 30 lies about the war in Iraq. Too many to list here, so I'm just posting the link. The source is obviously biased, but no more so than those on the other side of the spectrum such as WorldNetDaily, The Weekly Standard, and FAUXNews.

Top Thirty Bush-Iraq Lies

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

Here's Karen Hughes comparing half of the United States of America to terrorists...

"I think that after September 11, the American people are valuing life more and we need policies to value the dignity and worth of every life. President Bush has worked to say, let's be reasonable, let's work to value life, let's reduce the number of abortions, let's increase adoptions. And I think those are the kinds of policies the American people can support, particularly at a time when we're facing an enemy and, really, the fundamental issue between us and the terror network we fight is that we value every life."

5. krosfyah

krosfyah Member

What is your point bamma?

Everybody knows you don't like liberals. You post the most hateful messages around. Hell, I think I'd be scared to meet you in a dark ally. The most ravid liberal would be hard pressed to be more hateful than you.

Hatred from the left? It is virtually all coming from you!!!

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Dear Mods:

Please change this thread title or lock the thread if you want to have any decency left in this forum. (Maybe we should give up and build a wall around it a la "Escape from New York.")

The assertion made by bamaslammer here is vile, hateful, and most crucially, it is obviously inaccurate and has been completely refuted.

Anyone should look at the Tillman thread and read the posts of "liberals" from this board if they want any indication of how the "left" feels.

7. krosfyah

krosfyah Member

I second that. This thread of constant cut/paste of articles is horrible. Unreadable and hateful.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I couldn't read all of it, or maybe I'd be more upset. I think the tiltle is ludicrous, malicious, deceitful, inaccurate and some other stuff.

There's no question that it should be changed.

9. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

...uhhh, not really, it does come from the left.

It's just as politically fact-based as the 4 more children killed ...thread.

This thread illustrates that there are leftys out there who don't think right...

the purpose is to debate the nature of the comments, and I would hope more posters would condemn the nature, tone, and delivery of the garbage who said that about Pat Tillman,...We should all reaffirm our feelings about this man doing something extraordinary, brave, and courageous given his position...We should reflect, if we could do away with material fallacy to stand up for the American ideal and do what is right regardless of political overtones...

10. nyquil82

nyquil82 Member

i know a conservative that hated all colored people and thought that people outside America should be nuked

therefore

conservatives are bad.
    --------------------------------

logic does not work, try again.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Hey guys...I actually have to run, but could somebody start a thread with the hate-filled rantings of George Wallace, David Duke, Terry Nichols, David Koresh, and Hitler and other white suprmacissts/psychos/televangelists and say something like:

"And you people wonder why I consider conservatism a sin? This is your mainstream in the right, especially you if listened to the likes of Strom Thurmond, Ann Coulter, and G. Gordon Liddy!!!"

thanks in advance! :)

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I thought pretty much everyone has already said what they thought about the fine example of selflessness by Tillman, describing their admiration.

Did you miss it??

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

[​IMG]

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Glad someone caught my inspiration. ;)

15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

No I didn't miss it, but often posters say from both sides of the political, spectrum to not attack the messenger, and in this case we are doing the very thing that shouldn't be...Let's look at the issue...I for one, realized the other thread title started by Glynch is ludicrous, malicious, deceitful, inaccurate and all that jazz,...because of the same basis and parameters which you might challenge this specific thread title...

Instead of crying about Glynch doing it again or talking obout IQ's and salad with thousand island dressing or Bar-b-Que from the left...I examined the issue regardless of my ill-feeling with the title, and to that, I say talk about the issue if it is something worthwhile to you...If not,...well your time is valuable...

The fact is there is this kind of talk out there coming from your side of the fence,...either you are against this, with this, or indifference to this,...and if it seems it is the latter, then the left side of the fence is succumbing to idiocy.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

glynch and I don't agree about everything, far from it, but I don't think your comparison is a good one.

17. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

Why don't you explain how it isn't a good one,..and how this thread title is so off base as compared to the other?

18. Woofer

Woofer Member

It is misleading in that those particular four may not have been innocent and that we have killed hundreds not just four.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm going to eat dinner, sorry. I really think it's obvious, but maybe someone will spell it out for you.

20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

We may have killed hundreds, not just 4 more...I agree. I slowly sifted through the pictures while eating my lunch,...I didn't see hundreds of children dead...only 47 that may have been children,...and of those 47 that I examined, perhaps only 31 could clearly be younger than 18...and of those 18 killed, how many were encouraged by the Arab news channel?...How many of those children were in the truck with the terrorist shooting the RPG?...