1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hassan Whiteside

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by basketballholic, Nov 27, 2013.

1. malakas

malakas Member

i saw another photo but I thought it was because it was after a workout.
    :eek: I guess the 10 pounds of muscle over the summer is afterall feasible :eek::

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Him and Wade seem to be in sick shape.

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Bosh as well. Bosh and Whiteside def hit the gym and added the extra weight and muscle mass this summer.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For the 2nd straight month, Hassan Whiteside reigned as the game’s top defender. The numbers behind the excellence <a href="https://t.co/j2VX6PWTtB">https://t.co/j2VX6PWTtB</a></p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/704810401599528960">March 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Does that put a end to the "Whiteside hurts the team" rhetoric? ^

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Hard to buy into it cause it's ESPN.

Wouldn't be surprised if it were true though. The thing that would surprise me about Whiteside is if he plays as well after a payday as he would before.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Bynum 2.0 except on the Defensive end.

8. Handles

Handles Member

Only thing that matters to me is the numbers he's putting up for my fantasy team. From that perspective he's been killing it this season, especially from the spot I drafted him.

9. basketballholic

Whiteside had already bulked up to 275 when he was at RGV. He has been working out hard for 4 seasons ever since he was drafted.

His body matured with those workouts and he lost no athleticism or quickness. That was the first key that made me start examining his play. Once I saw him dominate the defensive paint and glass in his playing sonny's I knew he was ready to play serious rotation minutes with the big boys. And that's why I promoted signing him so hard. .....for the minimum. I knew he would be great value at the minimum in slow of a head problem.

But........that's 2 seasons ago now. Today is a different story. He's still got a lame brain issue that would stop me from signing him for big money. I'd let somebody else take the risk of paying him big money. Now if he'd sign a 4-36 deal I'd probably strongly consider it. But 4-80 or whatever? Nope. Not for a guy with a brain cell problem. Of course he may turn out to be great value for whomever gives him 4-80. But it's too risky. Because he hasn't demonstrated maturity of mind up until this point.

Gotta go find the next bargain. I gave you Boban last summer. I'd still love to poach him away from the Spurs. Going to be interesting to see what they offer him. But my hope is they keep him on the bench throughout the playoffs and we cam sign him for around 4-20 or so. I'd love to steal Boban on a low dollar extended deal liked that.

10. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Where all those guys that like Capela more than Whiteside?

11. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

From yesterday's Skolnick article:

Going from pouting about sitting fourth quarters to this? Seems like the kid is mentally on right track.

12. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

For me Whiteside still stinks, but his improved midrange game, improved free-throw shooting over the course of this season really surprised me, but also made his situation much more complicated. He certainly puts 120% effort to get a paycheck but he will be 27 in the offseason. He's not young enough to give him time to slow down a bit after receiving his new deal. Max deal for sure

13. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

It's the DJ Khaled influence, guy is always on Khaleds snapchat.