1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has this season of the NBA been the most enjoyous?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by VanityHalfBlack, May 3, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

I can't think of another season with this much drama and excitement in my lifetime.. Seriously could this be the most badass season we've ever witness?? It's only going to get better once they fix the officiating and all and I will predict that the NBA will surpass Soccer in terms of world wide appeal to the general public, yes? If the Rockets can get pass OKC, you gotta put this season as the most memorable ever witness, no? This kind of stuff is what you tell your grand kids about...

2. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

It's been a really good one. Super friends I could careless about thou.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It doesn't come close to comparing to the championship seasons, but the Rockets return to relevance makes this a great one.

The NBA might surpass soccer in global appeal in an alternate universe, but not the one we live in.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

We won a championship out of the 6th seed, some of us actually saw it.

No beating OKC whilst good, wouldn't come close.

5. VanityHalfBlack

Yes I know the rockets got their two peat, but as the NBA in general this season alone, so much more drama unfolding and upset to be seen. You think beating OKC alone wouldn't come close, WTF??? Dude we had a HOF and a legend of a center in Hakeem/ who do we have besides Harden and bunch of scrubs??

6. dragonz

dragonz Member

Jordan actually came back that year, too, and got beaten in the first round, ok?

not close

7. VanityHalfBlack

Very close, ok?

8. Awesome

Awesome Member

Really?

This season has been not so good. I think I started zoning out on games again, but the most exciting thing was watching the Lakers build a failed superteam then get crushed in the playoffs after recieving tons of ref help.

Too many injuries and the teams that have made it in the 1st round, half of the matchups are really just blah

9. adkijd6

adkijd6 Member

Rockets season in a vacuum --> one of the most enjoyable seasons in years (emergence of a young, hardworking, exciting, extremely talented AND LIKABLE team)

NBA season as a whole --> meh (mainly due to incessant Lakers coverage and David Stern continuing to stain the integrity of the game with his awfulness)

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Would be even better if LerBon doesn't win a ring this season. Not even TNT can think up of a better drama.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

enjoyous??? is that a word??? talk about archaic words...

and yes...this postseason has been quite exciting...:)

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Not so much for Rockets fans, but the NBA has produced entertaining seasons & postseasons more or less since LeBron ascended circa 2008 (basically as soon the Spurs stopped winning titles...)

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The parity has been great.

14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

What I liked most about the playoffs so far.

1. Growth in the Rockets as a team. this experience will take them farther next season!

2. Lakers getting swept. Too easy

3. Milwaukee getting pwned. That buzzer beater was bull**** and their team is bull****.

15. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Wow, somebody is upset. I don't mind the Bucks, and they played fairly well, giving their 100% against Miami. It's too bad for them that Miami is a level above anyone else in the league. Houston would also get swept if they were in Milwaukee's shoes.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I think the Rockets could take 1 game. The 2 Rockets games against them in the regular season went down to the wire.

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Must be a young buck. :)

Running down Westheimer/Richmond after every playoff win during the championship seasons was the most fun I've ever had related to sports. Astros going to the series in 2nd.

18. SK34

SK34 Member

Heat - 27 win streak
    Lakers - barely make playoffs, first round exit
    Rockets - OKC and playoffs
    OKC/Spurs - fight for number 1 spot, OKC being exposed.
    Clips - first time the better LA team.
    Bulls - no rose, no problem.
    Grizzlies - that huge trade.

It was a pretty good season.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets championships can not be summarized
    in some form of Cliff Notes.

You have to understand how Houston, the city was during and before the Rockets run.
    You have to understand that the team was rebuilt from the 86 team that was torn apart leaving Hakeem the only one left
    You have to understand the build up of that team, the trades
    You have to understand that the city of Houston was known for choking in sports

There were so many story lines. Dream almost leaving, selling the team,
    controversial draft of Robert Horry

It's too long to explain.

I'll give a nugget. In the 93 season, the Rockets lost in the last game to the Spurs on a blown call (no replay) where David Robinson scored like 5 minutes after the buzzer went off. The announcers were cursing on air, etc

The Rockets lost home court advantage to the Sonics, the Rockets/Sonics series went 7 with no team winning a road game.

the next season, the Rockets win 15 in a row to start of the season.

No story will ever top Clutch City, it's the original timeless classic that will live on centuries after.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not in a billion years, sorry.