1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Rudy ever heard of...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Since75, Feb 17, 2001.

1. Since75

Since75 Member

A freaking double team. I watched in horror as McGrady scored relentlessly with single coverage for three and third quarters. Of course after this domination by McGrady helped to build a 20+ something lead, then McGrady gets doubled. I just want to know why so damned long? Help me out HeyP, I'm sure you have some sort of answer for Rudy's decision on this one.

------------------

2. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

That really bothered me as well. If the guy is scoring at will, you try something different. Like doubleteaming him. Hoping that he starts missing is not good strategy. Its like not doubling Shaq, or Kobe, or Carter. Of course, Rudy doesn't do that either. I feel that if Rudy could just be the GM and handle the offensive side of the game, and the Rockets could have a coach specifically for defense, they would be a much better team. Offense has never been the problem, because defense leads to offense. Good defensive teams can win games if they have a lot of turnovers or shoot poorly. I thought the Rockets had learned this, because they were playing pretty good defense the last 5 games. They gave up 108 points to a one-man-show eastern conference team. There is no excuse for that. There is no excuse for giving Monty Williams layups on consecutive trips down the floor. There is no excuse for allowing Pat Garrity and Mike Miller to shoot open threes all night long. There is no excuse for allowing Darrel Armstrong to penetrate at will and toss in easy layups. There is no excuse for allowing Tracy Mcgrady to shoot jumpers from 4 feet from the basket all night long. There is just no excuse for showing so little effort on the most important side of the floor. I don't care how young the team is.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

3. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Excuse me, but the players lost that game.

How can you call a double-team when your defense is still down at your end of the court? They fast-broke the hell out of us.

------------------
    Cohen