1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has LBJ now surpassed Kobe?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by roslolian, Jun 21, 2012.

?

Has LBJ surpassed Kobe in the "Greatest after MJ" list?

1. Yes

24.4%
  2. No

75.6%
  1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Jordan was a better player period. Nobody will ever surpass what Jordan accomplished as a player.

But we may be witnessing the #2 player of all time in his prime right now. Let's see how Lebron comes out next year. If he still has that hunger, the league is in trouble.

2. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Yes. He has been even without the ring. This only solidifies it. I don't care if you agree.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

no hate...but Kobe has accomplished more...Lebron is currently the best player in the game...but Kobe has already established himself as an all time great...and just because Lebron has 3 MVPs...doesnt mean anything till he gets it again...Just to remind myself...i look at the second greatest scoring output in NBA history...81...unreal...

Lebron will need 3 rings to solidfy himself as a Magic, Jordan equal...till then...he is just a top 15 player of all time...

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Indeed. That's what I want to see. How will he be now after he got that first one.

5. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Agreed

6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

This argument is so stupid. Michael went to college, Lebron didn't. Michael was 21 in his first year in the Nba, Lebron was 19. It took Michael 7 years to win a title, it took Lebron 9.

Yes age wise it would seem like he is, but you have to look at the big picture.

7. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

LeBron should have 4 straight MVP's. They gave it too D-Rose because the fans didnt wanna vote for Lebron

D.Rose i like as a player, but man is he overrated. Westbrook just had a better season than Rose had last year.

LeBron is the best player, and he is close to the Top 10 All-Time

Can you name 15 players in the history of the NBA better than LeBron James(i cant)

8. Mr. Space City

lebron's post season/finals this year was more dominate than any kobe championship year

9. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

First he needs 4 more rings.

So hell no.

10. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Yes they have been

11. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Kobe won 2 as the man, if LeBron wins 2 more rings not only does he pass Kobe, but he moves EASILY in the top 5 ALL-TIME

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Kobe already had a three-peat under his belt by this time in his career. However, I credit those championships more to Shaq, who was in his prime and was CLEARLY the best player on his team in those seasons.

Dwyane Wade is an awesome player, but Shaq in his prime was on another level, and was carrying that team.

I think LeBron will likely wind up with fewer championships than Kobe, but I would argue he contributes more production to his team than Kobe ever did.

13. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

14. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

It's unfair to completely discount Kobe's first three rings. It's not his fault that he spent a good amount of his prime years playing with Shaq and then a super scrub team. If you let Kobe have a team built around him for his entire career there is a real good chance he ends up with 3 or 4 on his own. Lebron has had the privilege of always being the man and the first option on his team.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The rings argument is weak. Kobe has more rings than shaq so he must be better? Horry has 7 so he must be better than MJ. Russel must be better than wilt he has 11 to wilts 3.

Lebron James has the the 2nd highest PER of all time. He has the 3rd highest playoff PER of all time.

16. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Game, Set, and Match

17. supdudes

supdudes Member

First off congrats LeBron for winning a ring.

Let's get two things straight though. LBJ, right now, does not have the better career, and those who discount Kobe's first three rings should check the stats he put up or watch some of those games. Plus, look who the Heat had? Nuff said on that bit.

Secondly, old-school fans like myself will always value Kobe's drive and hunger more than LeBron's, regardless of rings...so this moment right now does little to sway our opinions.

Again, congrats to a great, great player in James. Looks like he's officially a winner now

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Passed Kobe? Yes

Second best? Nope

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

they are different players..... but a triple double threat kind of player is more valuable than a full time scorer with the occasional passing

They were going against Boston virtually with a banged up Wade, and mostly without Bosh, and old timer role players. Without any viable big man.
    Bosh is half a man.
    Lebron is everything Kobe isn't, and Kobe is what Lebron is not....

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Depends on how you judge the old school. Just from the modern era:

Cap
    Dream
    Shaq
    Moses
    Duncan
    Jordan
    Magic
    Bird
    Kobe