1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has John Wall hit his ceiling?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SRR21, Jan 17, 2013.

1. SRR21

SRR21 Member

One of the most intriguing young players in the league returned to action last week. John Wall and his blazing, high-wire act are back from a knee injury and, finally, there's a spark of life in the Washington Wizards' franchise.

Wall, a third-year point guard, is unquestionably one of the most exciting players in the world. Liable to dunk on an entire team at any time, Wall is must-see TV.

But that's about all we know about the 6-foot-4 lightning bolt. Two up-and-down, at-times-dazzling, at-times-exasperating seasons have left us without answers as to how good Wall will eventually be.

Sometimes that's how it is; no one would've predicted greatness for John Stockton, Gary Payton, Steve Nash or Chauncey Billups after their first two seasons, so Wall's inconsistent play so far is not necessarily a definitive statement about what his future holds.

But other point guards, particularly recently, have defined themselves as future perennial All-Stars much quicker than Wall. I'm talking about guys like Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving and Derrick Rose.

Wall's numbers are fairly strong. He's averaged 16.3 points and 8.1 assists over his first two seasons, but he's also committed 3.8 turnovers a game while shooting about 41 percent from the floor. So what does it all mean? How good does Wall project to be?

To find out, we asked several NBA experts who are paid to assess talent, potential and productivity for their thoughts on Wall. Here's what two NBA team executives and two scouts think of the No. 1 pick of the 2010 draft.

rest of story can some one with insider please post remainder of story
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/stor...couts-weigh-current-potential-value-john-wall

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

let's give him some decent players to play with first before we come to this conclusion

3. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

This x1000.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Years down the line once his career is over, I think he'd be awesome in Dancing with the Stars.

5. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Why would John Wall, or anyone for that matter, hit their ceiling?

The only reason I can think of is if you're living in an apartment and the neighbors upstairs are making a ton of noise. But even then, why should we care?

1 person likes this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I LOL'd.

And yeah what the second guy said about a supporting cast. It seems like Wall DGAF, and I wouldn't either if I were him. What a hopeless franchise.

7. tksense

tksense Member

How about Steve Francis and his ceiling @ 2nd or 3rd season? Why?

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Kind of funny that you ask the question now - he is just coming back from a major injury. Let's see how he does when he is fully healthy.

9. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Re-read please

10. lalala902102001

He's been in the league for two and half years and injured half of the time and he has hit his ceiling? LOL. 22 year old players don't hit their ceilings.

11. supdudes

supdudes Member

The dude needs some mental adjustments for sure. The way he plays isn't winning basketball games

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Well, he is posting double-doubles since returing from his knee injury... so I'd say more time to fully heal would answer BSPN's dumbass question as well.

Thanks for another nothing article blowhards.

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i never thought of Franchise - Wall comparison before, but it makes sense. Some good points in the article, especially from the scout #1.

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Better than wall hitting the floor.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Considering Wall only relies on like 25% of his god given ability I fail to he how he has hit his ceiling. He is possibly the most explosive point guard ever.

16. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

If his John's ... wall is what he is right now, I would love a pg off the bench playing 15-20 min and getting 16 and 10 lol. He'd dominate the sixth man of the year award eeevvery year.

17. 713

713 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v4CbQGBbUOw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Gil

Gil Member

Wall will be a top 5 PG once he gets more help. He's already elevated his teammates play since his return.

The Wizards are like 4-1 since his return.

19. Gil

Gil Member

Wall his basically a more athletic version of Jeremy Lin with elite handles & defense.

Wizards will have the best backcourt in the NBA with Beal and Wall.

20. Exel

Exel Member

John Wall is an extremely bad shooter.