1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Dwight Howard really improved his post skills?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sarborough, May 4, 2014.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Playoff basketball is more suited for Dwight when the refs allow for more physical play.

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

He proved we can go to him every play and play inside out and I think next year that's how we are going to play harden is just going to have to a backseat until Dwight has to take a backseat to harden.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

What I think is absolutely disgusting is the discrepancy in how much contract they allowed between Howard and Aldridge.

4. conquistador#11

his footwork has been amazing. I don't like that he has this dwight don't do PnR mentality but I can understand it. He is unbeetabol. If he could get a 10 ft jumpshot going, the league would be in trouble.

5. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I was really sour on him after Game 2 or so, because it seemed he couldn't make a shot unless it was a dunk. But he seems to have won me over in Game 6. He showed some shooting touch - not just dunks. I believe he might be a go-to guy after all, and I would like to see us get some more shooters to complement his game. I would really like to see him improve his passing out of the double teams.

6. perfectweapons

If you cant see the obvious improvement in his post game you must not have watched him play much before? He is more fluid, uses his body better, and has better timing of when he faces up and when he drives. He is fantastic on offense and defense and anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about. I have never been a big fan of his personality, but he proved to me with his work ethic and skill that he is the best big man in the game.

7. showa13

showa13 Member

Yes he has. While Robin Lopez doesn't have great post defense, he's at least somewhat serviceable, but Dwight had his way most of the series with sideshow bob. I think him, Hakeem, Asik, and D-Mo should be locked together in a gym all summer and work on their post games and free throws

8. jason330i

jason330i Member

His post game looks the best of his career. Definite MVP of the post season.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I was impress. I'm not sure if he has improved or just getting back to his usual self.

10. faraza84

faraza84 Member

He looks much better and def more confident

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

yes he has improved... now he needs to work on his shot accuracy

12. jbasket

jbasket Member

Yep. They allow Dwight to be more physically imposing, as it should be.

13. Moleb

Moleb Member

He did a lot of Hakeems moves that Portland Series.

14. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Gotta give RoLo props though for not flopping and falling when Howard backed him down. Some lesser centers do that a lot and it annoys me because it's just not basketball.

Oh, yeah Howard really improved his post skills....

15. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

I loved how he took his game to another level in the playoffs.

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Pretty automatic with the left hand now. His skills look better than earlier this season.

Keep in mind that in Orlando he had a pure PG and a lot of excellent passers at other positions too. Orlando also had great shooters where the Rockets do not.