1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has dantoni been confirmed as head coach yet?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Chuck Norris, May 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I'd definitely take Knight. Sign me up.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I have a feeling that we are in for another epic Summer of fake insider mayhem.

Lets all just lie and say every wishful thinking people want to hear and they will follow.

Look we ALL would love to revamp the starting 5. I'm sure Morey would too, and will try, but what real value do these guys have where we can sit here and say "I hear ARIZA is being dangled for trades..... ITS HAPPENING" and think that it had any more likelihood of happening than if Morey wasn't trying?

If the Rockets are trying to win next year (and hiring D'Antoni signals they sure as hell are), then they are almost certainly not going to give up key rotation players for nothing. Yes I'm sure they'd love to upgrade the team and know they could use a revamped roster that fits James Harden & DAntoni better, but they aren't going to gut the roster unless its makes sense, and other teams aren't chomping at the bit to give up better players for Ariza, Bev, and Brewer.

I see Morey trying to make some deals, but the likelihood always seemed to be that Morey would make an addition in FA that will help, and will probably have to try and move some of these guys in trades to bring in a pick or two, but wont give them up for nothing. So they will likely stay. I honestly don't think the roster will be THAT MUCH different than last year.

All the insider talk is just wishful thinking.

3. basketballholic

Bev likely to Chicago.

4. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

For who? And why?

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

They are probably waiting for the assistants to strike out on head coaching gigs elsewhere and convince them to join the Rockets staff. Having Silas, Borrego, Messina, Elie, Cassell, etc. on the staff gives not just additional minds on the bench but also capable interims if D'antoni gets canned after 11 games.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

My sources are telling me that for the first time ever our CF insiders will be right about everything this offseason.

Of course, the situation is still fluid and that could change, but it's what I'm hearing right now.

7. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

So why hasn't it been announced?

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

All head coaching jobs have been filled. (And none of them are leaving for the NCAA). All(with the exception of Elie) are already assistants on pretty good teams. They aren't leaving for the Rockets dumpster fire.

D'Antoni likely already has his staff: Jeff Bzdelik, Roy Rogers and maybe one or two other guys.

9. photojoe

photojoe Member

We could only wish...

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

I meant "WERE waiting for the assistants to strike out" and now they are trying to negotiate a deal with those assistants. Les can offer more money and there is a better chance of inheriting a head coaching job here than in San Antonio or at Charlotte. Imagine if the Rockets start playing defense, all of the credit will go to whatever defensive-minded assistant they bring in. That's just my thought/speculation.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is what I was expecting. With the MDA era, a total "retooling" of the roster to build around Harden and MDA's system.

I am intrigued about the roster moves Morey will make. Should make for a fun summer in that regard. Just to see how all of the puzzle pieces fit.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Brandon Knight? Coming full circle. I had mentioned him PLENTY of times over the last 2 years as a compliment to Harden. Basically getting a "Jason Terry" in his youth.

Next to Harden you really need a "combo guard." Someone that has some PG abilities but at the same time is completely comfortable playing "off the ball" and being efficient.

The only thing that gives me pause with Knight is he seems to be injury prone. But he seems to have good character and is a hard worker.

13. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Yeah kind of weird, no word from organization. Or press interview etc. I mean pretty much done but still weird that not much info other than that has been made more available.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It would be great if they are too scared to have a press conference and when they finally have it Les dodges it and leaves Maury to answer all of the questions.

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We're introducing our coach tomorrow at 2PM! Watch the live press conference on <a href="https://t.co/VBY18eSOmU">https://t.co/VBY18eSOmU</a> <a href="https://t.co/dOMjlgkvrg">pic.twitter.com/dOMjlgkvrg</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/737735633368555522">May 31, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol, they don't even say his name?

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I've never seen a team refuse to even acknowledge the name of thier new coach before a press conference.