1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has anyone tried using electronic cigarettes yet?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BAM, Jul 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. BAM

BAM Member

I'm currently looking into nosmoke as an alternative to smoking. has anyone tried these? I know there are reviews and such out there but I dont know if I trust those testimonials. lol thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVhA1GqC1lE

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I have friends who have used multiple kinds. They said the cheap ones they ordered off ebay ended up being a good novelty item but kinda sucking in quality. The nicotine dispersal wasn't uniform, so it didn't realy duplicate smoking or help them with anything.

But they stood by this one (though it's more expensive) www.vapor4life.com

It actually helped one of my friends quit...and he wasn't even trying to quit and didn't care to. It just happened. Another friend still uses this. And a 3rd quit in 4 weeks by using Chantix.. also comes highly recommended

And to be clear..I used none of this first hand. Just giving you my friends' experiences

4. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6gFf1L2rRQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6gFf1L2rRQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

My coworker bought one. He said it wasn't very good and then it broke.

6. rmtheis

rmtheis Member

I've been on e-cigarettes almost exclusively since last July and I went from a pack a day of cigarettes to about 2 packs worth over the last year.

They can be a royal pain. There are a lot of shady companies out there. If you do your research though, they can be great.

The electronic cigarette forum is a great place with volumes of information from consumers, different suppliers, etc. There is a lot there and it can be overwhelming but have a bit of patience and you won't make a mistake and get stuck with an overpriced piece of junk.

I personally went with a Joye 510 from cignot.com (after making a few mistakes at first). At $35, you can easily add a set when you're getting diminishing results from your current kit.

Also, make sure you get juice to refill your cartridges. Don't go with a vendor that insists you buy replacement cartridges. If you shop around, for under $20 you can get a bottle that will last 3 weeks to a month. Also beware of tthe "Free trial" offers - they usually include delivery of overpriced cartridges for several months costing you way more than the subpar e-cig they sent you is worth.

The forums are full of thousands of people who couldn't get off tobacco cigarettes any other way. I personally do it because I don't have a problem with nicotine and I enjoy the habbit of "smoking" without killing myself. If you're trying to cut your nicotine out slowly to quit entirely, that's always an option but not one I've personally explored.

Either way, good luck witth it. I have lurked around these forums since the clutchcity.com days and I rarely come out of lurk mode, but I will be happy to offer any help I can on this.

7. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

I quit while using Chantix also. It only took me one week because your supposed to smoke while your on it the first week, then quit smoking. That's what I did and haven't smoked since. I quit in Oct 2009.

Chantix helps, but it's still difficult to quit.

8. VanityHalfBlack

So this shell gas station on university blvd sells these Njoy electronic cigs by the single for like $7.99 and supposedly it's like buying 2 packs of cigs... These are the disposable one and non-rechargeable so when you're done with it, throw it out... So far it just makes you sleepy and maybe alternative to quit smoking the real thing.. I'm not sure how much is a pack of cigs but I'm guessing you'll save money doing this if you buy it single at the gas station?

9. ashiin

ashiin Member

I used it for about 2 years as a substitute to hookah smoking since I wasn't able to smoke it in the dorms. I've also had friends around me who used it as a way to quit smoking and its worked pretty well for them. One of them has been off cigs for a while and now he's on zero nicotine and going well.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I've tried Blu, NJoy, and Finiti.

All of them suck for different reasons. I liked Finiti the best, but it usually only lasted me about 1.5 days, whereas the Blu would last up to a week, but just produces too much vapor.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah now I want cigs even more.. Before the NJoy I didn't smoke that much but now after using it, damn I need a cig bad... This ain't good...

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I have the Joye 510. It works pretty well and for the most part I've been happy with it. I still have anywhere from 5-7 regular cigarettes throughout the week, but the 510 has definitely helped me cut down. I only take 1 or 2 pulls off of the 510 per day. I was never a real heavy smoker...maybe a pack every 10 days or so. After doing that for 10 years though i figure it's time to try something.

Here is the kit I got - http://ejuicemonkeys.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_27&products_id=326

13. VanityHalfBlack

Damn not a bad deal.. Are they always this cheap?? I may be thinking of the other one that's expensive as ****, I forgot what it's called?

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yeah the 510 is always about this price. You may be thinking of the Joye eGo. They cost a little more and are larger. I liked the 510 because the size is more like a regular cigarette. I never take it out of the house though, so I guess it doesn't matter.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

What's more difficult, quitting smoking or fapping?

I don't smoke, so I can't compare.

1 person likes this.
  16. ashiin

ashiin Member

The eGo is definitely worth buying as I have one too and it worked great for me. I paired it up with a steel mouth tip. The only problem is that sometimes if you draw too hard it tastes burnt, but it's avoidable most of the time.

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

There are a few people at work using them. I asked one of them what it was, and he said "it's just a shot of nicotine... that's all it is." It's one of those plastic ones that looks like a longer, thinner cigarrette... but it has a dial where you can release the nicotine at the time you "need it."

Anyway... check out this video:
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gugjMmXQrDo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gugjMmXQrDo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

:cool: REALLY. Stop smoking. Chew gum or eat sunflower seeds instead.

18. VanityHalfBlack

Wow, that was heartwarming, okay I quit smoke:cool:

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: Ahora en español con mejor calidad de video y más claro especialmente para usted, VanityHalfBlack:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VhmWEuD4bJ4?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VhmWEuD4bJ4?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

20. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

I have only had the one time use ones. They suck compared to the real thing, but if you are trying to quit, I could see where they might come in handy. I used it after I had quit for 5 days cold turkey, I used to subside any urges I had going to a buddies for a Texans watch party.

Should have just tried to stay cold turkey, because I'm back on it again.