1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has anyone ever witnessed an actual Jackie Chan-type fight?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Jan 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Just curious. Anyone ever seen a kung fu guy beat the hell out of people by using objects and kicking arse? Or Jet Li style?

2. A-Train

A-Train Member

That's what fight coordinators are for...

Besides, when you're learning martial arts, don't they always tell you NOT to use it?

3. pirc1

pirc1 Member

No. But you could start a fight by picking on black belts and see what they can do to you. :p

4. kpsta

kpsta Member

Or you could start a thread about a fight... and then disappear for a few weeks leaving the BBS to speculate on the ultimate outcome.

:)

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Ahh....I loved that thread!

6. lpbman

lpbman Member

Yes, I saw a scrawny 18 year old friend of mine annihilate 4 rather large, slow football players who showed up to keep him from beating some guys ass who was screwing his girlfriend. (that dude ran lol)

I tried to tell him that everyone was screwing his girlfriend but I don't think that helped the situation. Ah well... As for the fight, my friend was a blur, and no one touched him.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

what martial art did he study out of curiousity?

8. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Member

I sense a MacBeth reference.

9. Lynus302

Lynus302 Member

Yes and no:

I knew a Korean dude in high school who popped someone in the chin with a jumping roundhouse kick (or whatever you call it). All he really did was clip the guys chin, but it was such a blur and took the other guy by such complete surprise, that the dude fell on his ass.

The best part is that clipping his chin was intentional, and had the desired affect. The even best-er part was what my buddy did afterward: He stood over the guy, wagged his finger Mutombo style, and said [Korean Accent]"Don't f*ck with me."[/Korean Accent].

It was awesome.

True story, too.

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

No but my friend who is a golden glove boxer beat up 3 guys who jumped him and my old martial arts instructer would knock the crap out of guys bigger than him but those fights usually last only one or two punches. If you ever seen a fight with a guy that actually knew how to fight, they don't usually last long.

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pbvFTXz_p5M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pbvFTXz_p5M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Yeah, i do it all the time.

14. Asian Sensation

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I did. This one guy went up to Sam Fisher after he posted in a thread about an idiotic site claiming one of the NJ Nets was gay. The guy had a prejudice against homosexuals, and after he was called on it, he challenged everyone to a fight.

Sam Fisher used sleeping lotus blossom technique to remove the man's y chromosome and then put him to sleep with Chi-Na thumb hold.

16. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VN6PvPCrStI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VN6PvPCrStI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

17. Yan_Yao

Yan_Yao Member

WTF IS THIS? THIS IS SOME OF THE RIDICULOUS FIGHT I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE.

18. Yan_Yao

Yan_Yao Member

I need to mention that the guy on the black short are not a Kung Fu guy, the type he's using are either Thai Kicking or Tai Kwon Do, so don't be fool by that video.

For anyone to actually see what Kung Fu or martial art is real like, you have to go to Shaolin Temple in China, one trained Monk could easierly take down some claimed whatever...

19. Yan_Yao

Yan_Yao Member

20. ClutchCityReturns