1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harvard Rescinds Admission Of Parkland High School Student's Admission Over Racist Comments

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jun 18, 2019.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Donnymost is the biggest Trump supporter here

Get a life bro

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Parkland relates to the kid and his Twitter following

CNN doesnt care who you know

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I was directing that towards you and your fellow trump defenders/supporters...

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You yourself said no one would care about this.
    But CNN cares.

Dude, can you post some stuff about other Parkland people?
    Coz Parkland!

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So whats Donny's problem

I dont remember Harvard accusing his admission on collusion with Russia

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Donny's problem is that he for whatever reason bought into bull**** conservative arguments on what is acceptable behavior for either an applicant to Harvard or an actual student at Harvard. Conservatives have set the bar so low for themselves that they now live in an alternate Trump reality where they think they can say and do whatever they want and not face the consequences for their behavior, you know, personal responsibility and all that.

This whole thing is a non-issue.

#66 CometsWin, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  7. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Harvard's decision to rescind is pretty much a no-brainer, IMO. Simply put, actions have consequences. I think the outrage is silly.

- Nobody is entitled to go to Harvard or any other higher education institution.

- The VAST majority of private universities AND a significant number of public universities would have rejected Kyle Kashuv for the same reason. Colleges and universities have to care about their own image/reputation/PR as well as the feelings of the other students and faculty there. In that sense they're just like any other business.

- 16 years old is old enough to know right from wrong.

- Generally speaking, there isn't a significant difference worldview-wise between a typical 16-year old and a typical 18-year old. Thus, there is a good possibility that Kashuv still harbors his racist views, at least to an extent. I'm skeptical about the sincerity of his apology. Racist views are a reflection of one's bad values. A person's core values can change/evolve over time, especially if that person is young...but that time period tends to be a lot longer than two years.

- I might've been more forgiving if Kashuv wrote those messages when he was 8-10 years old instead of 16. However, it's my understanding that many high-ranking universities these days inspect a student's history (social media, etc.) all the way back to kindergarten.

- Kyle Kashuv is not exactly a household name. However, he is far closer to being a public figure than a "normal" kid (young adult). His normal life was forfeit not only due to the Parkland tragedy, but also due to his decision afterwards to build up his conservative social media brand and following by latching on to folks like Ben Shapiro and by taking his pro-gun stance. If Kyle had just kept his head down and concentrated on school, then perhaps nobody would have bothered to dig much into his past, and maybe Harvard wouldn't have noticed his racist messages. I sensed that there was something "off" about him early on.

- There are certain "stenches" out there such that if you get one of them on you, and the public finds out, then it's damn near impossible to fully remove it for the rest of your life. Racism is an example of such a stench.

- People aren't born racists. Kyle got his views from someone influential that he spent a lot of time with. Such as his parents, or his close friends.

- Some people on Twitter yesterday mentioned that Kashuv "doesn't deserve to have his life ruined" and "deserves a second chance". First of all, while it's true that Kashuv will have to live with the consequences for a very long time (many people simply won't forgive him, period...and I don't blame them), he won't have his life ruined, especially if he makes a real, genuine effort to reform. And he'll get a 2nd chance...what form that "2nd chance" will take, who knows. We just know that it won't be at Harvard or most other good universities. I suspect that Kashuv will be fine in the long run.

While Harvard's decision re: Kashuv is understandable, I'm not a fan of that place in general. Harvard was in the wrong for the recent Ronald Sullivan situation, for example.

dmoneybangbang, biff17 and jcf like this.
  8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So you know other Parkland students with 300K twitter followers who were accepted and rejected from Harvard

Again what is your issue with the Parkland so we can end the stupid back and forth

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This has nothing to do with Trump. It does have to do with a kid being punished for something he wrote at age 16

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

What is your issue with Parkland?
    Looks like no one started a thread about Parkland except you.
    You want to tell everyone about it, even though you said no one would care otherwise, coz Parkland!
    I didn't tell you about Parkland; you told me. Why?

Anyone else with 300K Twitter followers you want to tell us about today?

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

When the President of the United States is a white supremacist then his influence over his supporters kind of matters. You can stop posting now.

12. NewRoxFan

Gee, your fanatical obsession to defend trump in every post is making it even harder to understand what point your are failing to make. Maybe you can ask mojoman for a cartoon you can borrow to make whatever point you are struggling to make with words?

13. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

I knew not to say that crap when I was 16. People grow and change in two years is a bullshit excuse. You're racist two years ago and now magically not racist?

#73 Nice Rollin, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  14. Buck Turgidson

Here's a chart that might be helpful:

[​IMG]

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I started a thread based on a national story. Now if you're too embarrassed to say what your issue is on the Parkland angle just say so

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

My mind isn't going to be changed by actually seeing what amounts to internet bathroom graffiti.

That reminds me I probably ought to send Clutch some more money.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You brought up Trump ******* before anybody

Again ******* i defend on collusion and only an ******* would claim otherwise after i went back and forth with said ******* on this subject multiple threads. The obsession is yours with me

18. NewRoxFan

Oh gosh, now I went and did it. Please fill out this form:

[​IMG]

And while you wait please apply this to the hurted area...

[​IMG]

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

No I'm not embarrassed at all.
    ATTENTION EVERYONE! I will now, without embarrassment, say what my issue is on "the Parkland angle," whatever that is:

CNN pushes non-stories about Parkland, because it likes to talk about Parkland.
    Certain individuals spread CNN's non-stories about Parkland, even though they believe no one would care about these stories otherwise.
    This makes people distracted talking about non-news.
    It makes people talk about Parkland for no reason.
    It makes people confused wtf is really news and what is not news from CNN.
    I want CNN to publish news, OK?

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I came to my conclusion of my own accord without input from any conservatives, thanks.

Like I said, I acknowledge Harvard's right to do this, however, I can disagree with them from a "good idea/bad idea" standpoint without having any political ulterior motives. If anything, I disagree with Kashuv politically, so, that reasoning falls flat on its face right out of the gate.