1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hartenstein Play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Canada, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

Hartenstein has figured it out at the G-league level. He's dominating the competition. However, what works for Hartenstein with the Vipers doesn't really work in the NBA. The players are bigger, stronger, and more athletic in the NBA. Hartenstein can't overpower people in the NBA like he does in the G-league.

But, Hartenstein may still be a solid performer at the NBA level. He just has to figure out what works against NBA caliber talent. He's young and he's learning. So, I think the Rockets are probably pleased with his progress this season.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

I like Harty a lot. As much as I love Faried given the way he has played and his newly minted 3 pt shot he has played himself to a nice, fat deal next year which most likely means he won't be a rocket next season.

Harty could be the next man up next year backing up Clint and playing alongaide him when we go big.

Hakeemtheking and pbthunder like this.
  3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I think this is spot on. He spent a lot of one on one time with the coaches when he was on the bench. When he was playing he got a lot of on-court yelling at if he was not in position, slow to a pick, out of position on D, etc.

He still seems a little robotic with his moves but that tells me he is working on them. Hopefully, this will diminish as the moves become second nature to him and he's not thinking about it. I really hope he develops enough to be a solid contributor. Seems like a good kid.

carib, Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

Don’t fight me... but they are local treasures. Folks outside of Houston don’t care. Much like most here don’t care about the SA, GSW, or the Mavericks broadcast teams. If one was to hear Worrell and Clyde for the first time they would want to know how both have jobs. We Rocket fans would want to fist fight because Worrell is Rocket Basketball _> he is a fixture of the organization and is more than loved by most & Clyde is like a family member that only family can talk about. On a national level both would be unemployed.

Rashmon and snowconeman22 like this.