1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hartenstein Play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Canada, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

You’re the one with a silly 1990’s mindset, why don’t you add 20 lbs of sarcasm to this post? maybe it will be effective then.

2. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Is Hartenstein even still on the roster? I thought last night when Zubac was going crazy against us would have been a good time to have him out there. He is listed in the Box Score as a DNP but I am puzzled that if he is still on the team why they did not put him out there against a guy with similar size to see if he could have made a difference.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He can only learn on the court. I think esp when everyone is back he should get some time
    I would have liked them to give him some burn now

Rocket River

jcf likes this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It looks like hartenstein won't get time until there is a blowout . It's a shame because I think he plays best when he can show off his defensive rotations . He's not the pure athlete that will look good in garbage time .

MC31B and seemoreroyals like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Garbage time is exactly where he needs to show up to be trusted for more important rotational minutes.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hartenstein is the literal definition of meh.

D-rock likes this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well he’s not even 21 so

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's unfortunate that he's being wasted due to MDA's refusal to play him.

jcf and seemoreroyals like this.
  9. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Until we sign Faried, assuming we do, we have no reliable big man to rebound and protect the paint. It just seems to me if Hartenstein is on the roster and not down in g league somewhere, now would be the time where it would make sense to give him a few minutes and see what he can do.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

They sent him to the G-League.

11. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Why does his name show up in the box score? The game against LA would have been the perfect time to match him up against LA's big man. If he was indeed down in the g league and not with the team, that was stupid on MDA's part as we currently have no answer when the other team parades big men out there that can reach over Tucker and others to grab rebounds. The result is that much more pressure on Harden and we all know he is carrying a big enough load as it is.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He can give us 5-6 minutes a game. Faried's addition may reduce his chances, but not entirely. He can use his length to rotate out and defend on the perimeter.

carib and seemoreroyals like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Oh, he was with the team for the game. They sent him down today.

seemoreroyals and BigShasta like this.
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

For the more important minutes , the team needs to function as a unit .

If the only burn he gets is with knight and Chriss on the floor , how can he show that his rotations are correct ?

Maybe garbage time helps him get used to the speed of the game . I've got no problem with that . I just don't think he's going to show his true potential playing in that type of environment

15. fattz

fattz Member

He must have really broken trust to not see any playing time when his skill set was so needed. If coach isn’t going to give him any playing time than the g league is were he belongs. I thought he was having an average “rookie type” year. He needs some consistent run to work through his development. Never going to happen for him & MDA. —> sad we picked him and coach want play him (it’s year 2). Why draft projects while MDA is coach—> waisted pick.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This dude is toying with the G League. Racked up a triple double 12 points, 16 rebounds, 11 ASSISTS last game. He should be making a hell of an impression. Dunking like a maniac all the time too. Love it.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

When Hartie is in the G-League he tries to rip down the rim. He never shows that much confidence on the varsity team.

snowconeman22, Denovo and Hard_foul like this.
  18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think maybe he's been sending a message that he can do what Faried does i.e. dunk and rebound like hell.

DreamShook likes this.
  19. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

I think it’s safe to say he won’t be toying with the nba. I’ve seen enough to safely say he won’t be anything better than an average player. When he got stuffed at the rim by a smaller guy the other night, I put the nail in the coffin on any hope for his development.

20. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

This guy is almost unrecognizable in Rockets uniform.