1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hartenstein Play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Canada, Oct 22, 2018.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Uncoordinated, unathletic, at BEST an end of bench player.

DD

#21 DaDakota, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hartenstein always looks like he's running in syrup.

D-rock, Snow Villiers and BigShasta like this.
  3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's really, really bad. Unfortunately Chriss is also really bad.

Who knows, maybe the light will flip on for him eventually. DMo was atrocious his first year too.

D-rock and shvedsucks like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He’s positional defense is an absolute mess, which gives he hope he can make a large improvement. The one the thing I can say I like is how hard he plays.

D-rock and shvedsucks like this.
  5. eman

eman Contributing Member

Agree. Small sample, but seems like he step-slides better when he’s retreating right than left. Perhaps he should overplay his oppenent’s right hand, try to force them left.

And on offense, he needs to dunk the damn ball, or at least try, because he can make FTs.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

So was Clint.

Me and my wife were at the game when Clint got his first ever playing time his rookie years. I think it was against the raptors or hornets. My wife felt so bad for him because fans were literally laughing at him because he looked so out of place. He was getting blocked left and right and galling all over the court. Almost looked like he was tripping over his own feet.

Now Clint did grow up fast from that first game and was a contributor by playoff time. Shows how much talent he had but boy he was bad that night.

Hank McDowell and snowconeman22 like this.
  7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

:eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek:

King1 likes this.
  8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

My issue with him is that he gets way too close to the offensive player on the perimeter once the switch happens.

I would rather he back off and let the other player shoot the contested shot.

eman and napalm06 like this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yes, we were yelling at the TV when this was happening. You're a lumbering 7 foot oaf. What are you doing crowding guys 8 feet out from the 3 point line??

Gotta think the coaches will address that.

But he also seems to have issues with reflexes. Guys usually get 2-3 steps before he even turns to start chasing them.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Dude is 20 years old, playing his first games in the nba in a team that's really struggling, just give him time...

fattz, snowconeman22 and eman like this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I agree, give him time in the G League.

D-rock likes this.
  12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Who do you want backing up Clint in the meantime ?

13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I remember those first dozen game Clint played his rookie year--he was horrible. I thought he was 2 years away from being 2 years away. Luckily I was wrong and he developed much quicker.

Hart is much more polished and savvy than Clint at the same stage. He's also the biggest guy we have on the team and we need him to muscle up with some of the bigger teams we face. If he can give us some hustle, a few rebounds and enough minutes for Clint to rest, then that's a bonus. Hart's got the right attitude.

Chriss on the other hand, looks the opposite attitude wise. He has great athletic ability, but not sure he has much else. I had hope when the trade went down, we could develop him, but I'm not sure he's showing much in practice because he's seen little time on the court.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

Nene. He’s the only one who won’t foul out

snowconeman22 likes this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Nene can't guard the perimeter either .

I think he's honestly done . The playoffs vs OKC was 2 years ago.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

He may not be athletic enough to guard the perimeter but he’s still smart enough to know how to funnel drivers, switch, box out.

It’s the simple mistakes that Hartenstien keeps making. Nene knows what to do and where to be. Hartenstien gets lost all the time.

He’s not the guy but he’s better prepared than anyone else.

D-rock likes this.
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I just don't think nene is physically capable of playing anymore .

18. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

He looks like a pick up player in a school gym right now but he wouldn’t have got to this level being uncoordinated and unathletic but there in lies the problem....this level. He had two chances to go up and throw it down vs. Portland instead he missed two weak lay ups like a 20 yr old intimated rookie. He won’t stick at the end of our bench.

19. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

God, so much this. I can’t emphasize enough how bad Clint was early in his rookie season and how people were literally laughing out loud watching him play. I recall it vividly. I was in a sports book in Las Vegas and most of the room was laughing at him tripping all over himself and bricking every free throw. Some guys just take a little longer to adjust I guess.

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  20. Newlin

Newlin Member

Well, he was +1 last game with no fouls and 2 blocks. So, I view that as a positive.