1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harry Potter Book 6 Cover Revealed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by lalala902102001, Mar 8, 2005.

1. lalala902102001

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050308/nytu105_1.html

Press Release Source: Scholastic Corporation

Scholastic Releases Cover of Highly Anticipated Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    Tuesday March 8, 7:44 am ET
    - Deluxe Edition to Be Published Simultaneously With Special 32-Page Illustration Insert

NEW YORK, March 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Scholastic, the global children's publishing and media company, today released the cover of the highly anticipated Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, J.K. Rowling's sixth Harry Potter book due in stores on July 16th. Once again, the stunning cover art was created by Mary GrandPre, the acclaimed illustrator of all five previous U.S. editions of the Harry Potter books.

ADVERTISEMENT
    (Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20050308/NYTU105 )

The cover of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is drawn in tones of eerie greens with purple shadows incorporated into the background. It depicts 16-year-old Harry looking very attentive and Dumbledore with his hand extended as they look into a basin from which a mysterious green light is emanating.

"In creating the Harry Potter artwork, I try to bring a certain amount of realism and believability to the characters and setting, but still add an element of wonder and the unknown," said Mary GrandPre. "For the cover of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the mood of the art is truly eerie. I wanted the colors to be strong and I chose upward lighting and dramatic shadows to convey a kind of surreal place and time. It is an honor to illustrate for such an amazing writer as J.K. Rowling. She gives me, as an illustrator, so much to work with."

"With each new cover image, Mary beautifully captures both the essence of Harry's journey and the changes he is going through," said Arthur Levine, Vice President, Arthur A. Levine Books, Scholastic and editor of the Harry Potter books. "Individually, each jacket is like a concentrated visual taste of the book inside, and collectively they form a portrait gallery of a boy growing up very much in the public eye."

Scholastic also announced the simultaneous July 16th release of a deluxe edition of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. The edition will include a 32-page insert on special paper at the end of the book featuring near scale reproductions of Mary GrandPre's interior art, as well as a never- before-seen piece of full-color-art for the frontispiece. The book, which comes in a foil-stamped cardboard slipcase printed with the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince cover image, will also include a blind-stamped cloth case, full-color endpapers printed with the jacket art from the regular edition, luxurious foil, and a wraparound jacket featuring exclusive, suitable-for-framing art from Mary GrandPre. The deluxe edition will be a total of 704 pages and have a retail value of $60.00.

Bloomsbury Publishing Plc also today released the cover images for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which will appear on editions distributed in Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and many other countries throughout the world.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, J.K. Rowling's fifth Harry Potter book, was released on June 21, 2003, and was the fastest-selling book in history on the first weekend of its publication. All five Harry Potter books, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, as well as Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, have been number one bestsellers in the United States, Britain, and around the world. The American editions of the Harry Potter books are published under Scholastic's Arthur A. Levine imprint.

Scholastic Corporation (Nasdaq: SCHL - News) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books and a leader in educational technology. Scholastic creates quality educational and entertaining materials and products for use in school and at home, including children's books, magazines, technology-based products, teacher materials, television programming, film, videos and toys. The Company distributes its products and services through a variety of channels, including proprietary school-based book clubs, school- based book fairs, and school-based and direct-to-home continuity programs; retail stores, schools, libraries and television networks; and the Company's Internet site, http://www.scholastic.com.

[​IMG]

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

OMG! HARRY POTTER!!!

*magical orgasm*

yesss!

3. dumbholly

dumbholly Member

ok i'm probably one of the few to admit it, but I have read the books, they truly are not that bad, good storyline, keeps you hooked, looks better than the other..cant wait

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I love them all, and am anxiously awaiting this book as well as the movie coming out in May.

DD

5. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Me too! Well, not the movie. The films have been tremendous let-downs.

6. Keiser

Keiser Contributing Member

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are not as good as the books but seeing them with my 6 year old son is great.

DD

8. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

eh i'll admit it as well

I stereotyped the series as something that only little kids would read or nerds , etc etc

but after reading all 5 last year, I've changed my tune and will definitely pickup a copy of book 6 this summer

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Based on the cover alone, I will try to predict the plot. I have only seen the three movies. So I'm about three movies sort of where I need to be. But whatever.

Herminoe and Red Head:
    Clearly, Hermione and the Red head are going to become interested if they haven't already. I don't think the group dynamic changes just yet. (Although it has too eventually). They should all remain friends through this book.

Potter: He's gotta be a teenager by now, and this plutonic relationship with Herminoe has his blood boiling. No doubt. So I think he'll meet a girl. Herminoe will be slighly jealous, but not enough for a plot line until next book. Whoever Harry snags in a bag, will probably be a periperal character, although I can certainly see her exacting revenge when Hermione and Potter finally hook up in a few books. I think Potter will be saved in this book, by Dumble dorf, and Potter will be left all alone because of that sacrifice. Except of course for Hagrid. Who should be right there by his side.

Dumbldorf and Snake: This relationship makes no sense. So I would expect the writer to come clear as to why all the "dark" teachers work there. I suspect Snake was part of some epic battle against the Valdemort thing. And that Snape is about to become the dean of the magic school when Dumbledorf bites the dust.

Half Blood Prince: Anything half blood is a good thing. So I don't think the prince is that blonde bad ass boy, although that was my first suspicion, so the half blood prince is probably potter himself. I suspect it is as simple as that. There was probably a phophecy about a half blood prince that would one day be great. So Valdemort was killing off all the half blood children. Yet. Potter lived and thus is the half blood prince of destiny.

Who dies? If someone has to die, it would likely be Dumbledorf. For the simple reason that he is always protecting Potter. Potter will be on his own one day. So Dumbledorf is an obvious kill. It opens the door for the darkside, probable exile, and then return to glory for Potter.

As for the cover: Green is the color of jealousy. Perhaps Hermione will become jealous of Potters love interest. It looks like Dumbledorf is showing Potter the past. So the story of th half blood prince is probably what is happening in the cover. Potter will get to see it first hand.

10. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Well ure a little late on pretty much all your points, as they've already happened or been explained to some degree. Please try again :)

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Movie's release date: November 18.

They're moving the release dates back to late-year. Or maybe that's just how it all worked out.

12. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

[wizard school snob] potter's not half blood. both his parents went to wizardry school. :mad:
    [/wizard school snob]

13. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I was into 1-4 but for some reason book 5 lost my interest and I never finished it....

they were still in hiding, hadnt even started their first day at school yet, but I should go back and start over...

also havent seen the movie for 3 yet, i hear Cuaron did a fine job

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

[geek mode on]

that isnt how it works..

his parents would have to be from true wizarding families.

Harry's father was....his mother wasnt....see his Aunt and her attitude towards magic for proof

You can learn magic even if you arent the offspring of a wizarding family(see Hermoine) as long as you have the inclination and talent...but some of the "true" wizards will still look down on you(see the Malfoys) as a Mudblood..

Im looking forward to this one especially as the Battle between the resurrected Dark Lord and the Order heats up....should be a good one.

[/geek mode off]

15. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

[more geekmode] Rowling has already been on record saying the HBP is not Harry(anyway by R2K's description he is 3/4 blood). [/ more geek mode]

I am looking forward to the books too. The Barnes and Noble's in town had a big party for the last book. I took my son and he had a blast. I am looking forward to going again.

16. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

i read the first 5 books this summer, and i liked them. I'wonder how the next one will be. I also think Dumbledorf will not make it to the end of the book. But i laos thought that in book 5 so what do i know:D

17. wiws316

wiws316 Member

i just read the new spinoff book
    [​IMG] :D

18. fba34

wait i know its muggle + muggle = mudblood (as in hot hermione's case).
    so you're saying half blood = one parent from true wizard family + one mudblood (potter's case)?

i thought the half blood concept was only going to be introduced in the 6th book, so no one actually knows what it is for sure.

i thought it wasnt going to be potter too. i assumed the half blood prince is a new guy either with
    a. wizard and muggle parent
    b. wizard royalty and wizard/muggle parent

[puts on his wizard hat and goes online chat....]

19. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I REFUSE to ever read a Harry Poophead book or subject myself to one of those movies. LAAAAAME! Sorry to those who support the series, just one man's opinion, and I hope you choose to ignore it if you do so in fact like Harry Pothead.

20. fba34

wow you're kewl!