1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harrell is a BEAST!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 12, 2015.

1. OpenLayup-Why3?

July 2015 marks the flood of HOFers* in the clutchfans' community.

*Harrell Only Fans

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=222254

If anyone wants to revisit the great laughs.

3. DtJohnKimbell

DtJohnKimbell Member

He also posted the terrible Lawson Trade Post

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Great laughs because he had one or two games in Summer league 7 pts and 7 boards then he got ejected

He was mediocre among boys (Dleague) and bad among men in the league

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Talented player if he could actually play. May not have been a good NBA player, but his physical talents were there to be at least be an NBA scrub. Anxiety can be a b!t@tch.

6. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I thought he was a bit slow. But maybe he's learning our style of play, I'll give him some time.

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And if you give Harrel only fans lots of crap, that makes you....

A hassle-HOF.

[​IMG]

#87 Ottomaton, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  8. hooroo

hooroo Member

Harrell planning a season long Eurotrip

9. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Not looking good tonight :eek:

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You still believe that his failure stemmed from anxiety and not from narcissism and fraud?

Good luck with that.

11. jayfree

jayfree Member

Maybe it's the hair style but I see a bit of Nene in his game as he develops more into the league. A full year in the NBDL should help him work on his flaws and get adjusted.

12. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Harrell fanbase has taken another turn. It took 1 day. lol

from the next Faried / Ben Wallace to Dorsey 2.0 / Torraye Braggs

13. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

He really has bad defensive awareness..bad positioning. Terrence Jones haters would go crazy watching this guy

14. alethios

alethios Member

ba-dump-tchhh! :grin:

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

There's was something alarmingly off to me about Harrell tonight.

He played like he was either really, really gassed, or just incredibly disinterested. The think is though, he had normal body language and didn't look tired at all.

The play that best summarized his night was when he shots a free throw... and he slowly started back peddling... and the ball bounced and went straight towards him... and he just looked at the ball, and kept back peddling while other scraped for the ball.

He had multiple moments that me stop an go "What the **** is he doing". He was horrific defensively, he would completely loose his man all the time and just keep switching onto whatever player was closest to him. He literally seemed like he didn't want to rebound the ball, he would start back peddling before most of the plays where over.

I don't know what was going on with him tonight, he was either tired, just didn't give a **** about the game, or has the basketball IQ of a potato.

I can forgive players for having a terrible shooting night, or going on a turnover spree, or getting beat out by an opponent who's having a good night ... but what Harrell was doing tonight was just weird and inexcusable. I understand he's just a second and it's just a D league game, but the dude was in straight lala land for most of the game.

16. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Double

#96 Ottomaton, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  17. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

One thing I did notice in Sunday's game was that he was sweating like a crackhead.

It could mean nothing, but he did look really spent, even by halftime. Possibly he wasn't in the greatest shape and was feeling it today. Or maybe he's just a sweaty dude and it means nothing. But it genuinely was something I noticed watching on Sunday. He was soaking wet when everybody else looked like they were just breaking a sweat.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

I didn't watch the game, but honestly Harrel's profile is someone who is always energized and hustling, it's the reason he became a force on D in college as well as led the college league in dunks.

Maybe something's wrong with him today or as you said he didn't give a **** about a summer league game, but the dude built his rep on his energy and hustle, so it seems strange to me everyone's talking about how he didn't give a ****.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That may be it, at least I hope that's why he seemed so off. But everybody sweats different amounts, and I didn't see him bending over or breathing too hard.

He definitely played like someone who was really gassed though, he reminded me of how I play during my last game at the YMCA when i'v been running games all day. With very little to no effort on anything besides an occasional offensive outburst lol.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Which is mainly why i'm so confused as well, if this dudes rep is built on him being rebounding / hustle / energy guy then what the hell is he doing 20 minute into a game with 1 rebound? I hate to say it, but unless tonight was some sort of huge fluke, or he's just really out of game shape, I really see no future in the nba at all for him.

The stats that he did get tonight where not really representative of his true play, about 6 of his 7 rebounds fell in his lap, and on offense he got a couple of assisted layups on some really weak big men.