1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harrell > Dmo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Dec 3, 2016.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you know he's a career 30% 3PT shooter and Capela is faster than him correct?

DonKnock likes this.
  2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

That's not the game Harrell is brought in to play. He is hustle, rebounds, transition, finishing at the rim.

DMo does none of those things to the level Harrell does.

If Harrell can add a 3pt shot his ceiling will be far beyond DMo.

But as for right now, DMo has to get in where he fits in, and he does not fit ahead of Dekker or Anderson in terms of 3pt shooting.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Also, for the "DMo is a far superior passer" claim.

Last year DMo was 0.7 better in Adjusted Assist-to-Pass%.

This means they are both roughly half the passer that Marcus Thornton was:rolleyes:

Beasley was also tied with Harrell and that trio made up #'s 6, 7, and 8 among Rockets forwards.

If DMo is such a superior passer it hasn't shown up yet.

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

One thing I have to say about D-Mo his picks are disgustingly sexy, if i remembered correctly.

hakeem94 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  5. DMO (DJ remix)

Some people seem to forget what made DMO so good, it's not only his post game, but also his passing, having extra guy who can make plays never hurts.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LMAO Poor guy. You sound lost, lol. Harrell doesn't shoot threes or post up he just runs pick and roll gets rebounds and putbacks and dunks and tries to control the paint. Thats what we need for this system to work from a guy in the middle. Again I would just sign Dmo to send him away with Sewer.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The main D-Mo attributes are, first D'Antoni seems to WANT D-Mo, he's never indicated that D-Mo doesnt have a place on the team. Meaning he sees some skills fitting into his system. That negates some concerns of fit

Then, D-Mo's spastic movements and activity on defense could be used. Not a classic rim protector, but anything else there behind weak D Ryan Anderson would be good.

Plus Nene and Ryan have injury histories, better having D-Mo luxury over rookies Wiltjer and Nanu.

Os Trigonum and DonKnock like this.
  8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Back to Harrell, I don't want to see him lose time either. He is Rockets Amare-like hammer off the pick & rolls. That finishing ability does matter in THIS system. And he is one of the few edgy no-back-down players on the team. Even that toughness is useful if not needed in this "soft" system.

But then he's not 7 feet. And depending on MATCHUP, that still matters too

I dont think Capela is any faster in a straight line run. Injury and game-shape aside, D-Mo has more stamina to run longer while Capela gets gassed quicker off fewer runs. You're more likely to see D-Mo release ahead on a breakaway run than Capela IMO

JJWhat? likes this.
  9. radcan61

radcan61 Contributing Member

Wow talk about throwing a guy under the bus. Sam played what three games and had to have back surgery, out for a full year got in a training camp and started the season playing well. Now loved by everyone still an athlete, and improved his three point shot. But D-mo played 3 years getting better every year till his back got hurt, did not get a full year and training camp to come back. So started slow and got better as he played, but now is broken and just a stiff who can't move. The guy is a known gym rat and hard worker but people want to hate, can we just give a hard working guy the benefit doubt till proven different.

10. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

A healthy D-Mo in a D'Antoni offense could be an amazing thing. If he's not, drop him before March 1. It's that easy. I don't see a reason not to match.

11. PeppermintCandy

The question for me isn't whether Motiejunas is better than anyone currently on the roster. Rather, it's whether he is better than anyone we can add to the roster before the trade deadline, as well as in the summer.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Just to remind you that DMo is also an energy guy, not in the mold of Harrell but still. I don't like x is better than y comparisions they're kind black and white 2 dimensional while reality is multidimensional, in millions of colors and overlapping shades.
    I trust our new coach to use them both as suitable. He's done a wonderful job so far and its a sweet problem to have to choose between DMo and Montrezl.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I agree with this to a point, I wouldnt play him too much. Unless he's balling out of his mind in practice.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

DMO is very good at:

- Boxing Out
    - Setting Picks
    - Positional defense

DMo is good at:

- Post ups
    - Post game interviews

15. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Exactly. I don't get all these people comparing him with Harrell as if they won't be playing together. Nene is the odd man out in regards to minutes, and Brewer. D'Antoni isn't dumb.

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Harrell's minutes stem from the fact Nene isn't playing back to backs. If DMo takes Nene's minutes he's also taking Harrell's.

DonKnock and SF3isBack!! like this.
  17. radcan61

Harrell could still get minuets but at the four not center, Could play him D-mo, Sam, Eric and who ever that's a strong second unit.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

If they played him at the four I would totally buy into that but if he's replacing the guy in the middle hell no. He also would still want to post up and I think that would slow the offense and we would look horrible again. We are not the Memphis Grizzlies, we are Warriors lite, very lite, lol. No post ups. This was the problem with Dwight last year. Hell Dwight's having that same problem with the Hawks.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. radcan61

T
    But that is the point he is just a team first player, willing passer and moves with out the ball. he was Harden's pick and roll guy. and better than most because he could also pick and pop or pas off. Howard can't do those things.

#79 radcan61, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016