1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's Personality

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealAllpro, Apr 26, 2015.

1. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Why does everybody have to be Jordan to be good?

Can we at least wait until Harden has a bad game and we lose a series before we pile illogical hate on him? Rather than when he puts up 24, 5, and 5 on 15 shots in a (probably ultimately meaningless) loss?

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I guess the intensity part is true, but that has little to do with Harden's personality or whatnot.

The reason we lost 2 quarters yesterday was
    1. overall team effort on rebounds were severely lacking
    2. Our defensive rotations was just bad, the switches got everyone confused, Terry and Prig can't keep Monta and Barea get in front him therefore causing alot of scrambling and open shots
    3. Everyone was bricking open threes and free throws

None of those reasons can be solved by Harden's intensity or charisma or personality, Jordan himself wouldn't have magically made everyone suddenly remember defensive rotations and make people start making shots.

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Harden
    is

M
    V
    P

/Thread...& lock it up.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Aside from #3, those issues could be addressed by effort and focus.

1. Somebody on this team needs to say "We need to finish possessions. Secure the rebound before leaking, only Brewer can cherry pick, etc."
    2. Players have to discuss their defensive rotations with each other. The coaches or players have to reinforce who is guarding who, when to switch, when to go under. Too many Mavs were wide open when a defender could've made an effort to contest, but instead our players gave up on defense and allowed an open shot. When the Mavs make their runs, we need to intensify our defense instead of hang our heads.
    2a. To go along with that, transition defense was horrible for the second game in a row. The Mavs ran all over us. Our guards weren't getting back quick enough. There needs to be more focus on transition defense.

The coaches or players should be reinforcing these things. I don't know if they are, but all we heard in soundbites yesterday was Mchale saying "We need to win this game! We need to WIN this game! We need to WIN THIS GAME!" Okay, sure, but how? Troops look towards their leaders for inspiration. It doesn't have to be Harden, but there needs to be someone.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree his personality is an issue. You can't trust people with beards these days right?

6. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Those damn hipsters are a real problem in society.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Checking in

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why is our MVP candidate a hipster? How can I root for him when they are all buying up property and raising our rents?

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This thread has reached 10 pages. What a time to be alive.

10. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

I don't believe you really feel that way about life. Needz moar emoji's

11. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I've no problems that this thread has reached 10 pages. The fact that it got a two-star rating bothers me. There must be quite some Rockets trolls on the forum.

12. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

I want to twist off your stupid head.

13. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

14. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Bumping this thread. The game is not over but his mentality in tonight's game stinks so far. He still has a long way to go mentality wise to be a championship leader.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Harden has checked out. Reminds me of Tmac.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He struggles against disciplined defenders that don't go for his fakes, Mathews, and yes even Redick who knows he has no chance so just focuses on staying in front of him and keeping his hands straight up.

DD

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, really does. Scary thought...

Please wake up James.

18. Spooner

Spooner Member

I never liked Kobe, but would anyone ever question his mentality in a game of this magnitude? Harden needs to step up. It is inexcusible

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Tmac had a similar mentality as well. I've been critical of Howard but he is the leader of this team come playoff time. Harden being the best player has to step up in this department or this team isn't going anywhere.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm not really surprised he's one of the most disliked stars in the league.