1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's mother: "He is doing the best for his career...He is asking for a chance to get a ring”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 7, 2020.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

This is stupid.

gatsby, napalm06, Nook and 2 others like this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You are severely underrating how freaking damn amazing Harden has been here in Houston. I don't think there is anyone out there, combo of role players + all star, that will catapult us to contention again. Happy for you to bookmark this if the Rockets are able to swing a good deal.

D-rock likes this.
  3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Mostly everyone is fine with moving on with Harden after this season for this reason. We have our pick the next summer

4. Nook

Nook Member

I don't know if Harden's position is NETS or bust.... or if it is that he just wants to be traded ASAP and he heard the Rockets say that he won't be dealt this year..... this isn't about money from Harden's perspective but about being in the best position to win a title. From the Rockets perspective they don't want to lose one of the top 2-3 players in the world that is under contract....... so this is where we are at..... however, Harden knows at the end of the day, if he doesn't report, he WILL get traded....... contrary to what what some believe, the star player has the leverage.

DeBeards, HP3, studogg and 1 other person like this.
  5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he plays to the style that ther coaches implement and what Morey wanted them to do

Stop blaming Harden for playing the style Morey and D'Antoni wanted to play. Harden just followed their game plan

He improves every year. The one season he had the depth to go all the way........his second best player got injured at the wrong time

Nook and D-rock like this.
  6. bmelo

bmelo Member

Remember what they said about OKC when they got rid of PG and RW? Just cause Harden is great 1on1 player it doesnt mean its better to play heliocentric. Look at Miami. Im not tryin to read that loser mentality Rockets roster when healthy is good enough for wcf and with Harden gone with good return they are easily playoff team

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Have you seen the current state of OKC?

8. bmelo

bmelo Member

Rockets were contending once and it was due to CP and Ariza. To be honest i think (and always was) that James Harden as great as he is can’t win with his style in the playoffs and history proves me right. He is amazing in regular season when teams have no time to prepare

9. Nook

Nook Member

Look, James Harden is one of the 2-3 best offensive players in NBA history..... if he played in LA and had titles, they would be talk about him as a top 5 player all time........ the Rockets know exactly how good he is, and how lucky they are to have that type of player; so they will do everything possible to try and keep him and repair that relationship.

Anyone that thinks that a player this good will be on the Rockets anytime in the foreseeable future is crazy. It could easily be 40-50 years.

10. malakas

malakas Member

I have been angry by similar situations in the past.
    However this is different and worse.

Why? Because Harden is the Rockets. He has his hand in every single decision of the franchise.
    Which is different than all the other cases.
    Kawhi? The Spurs didn't bend over backwards for him like that.
    Iguodala? Traded against his will to a tanking team.
    AD? He had his favourite coach fired and they let Cousins go despite his wishes.

The least Harden could do is show some patience and RESPECT and don't be a passive aggressive cowards like this.

You say that all the people he was close to have left.
    But the Rockets FANS are still here.

11. bmelo

bmelo Member

They almost bounced Harden off the 1st round with geriatric CP. They decided to rebuild and with picks they got im sure they will

malakas likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So Dantoni changes his mind from wanting a 8 seconds or less offense for his entire coaching career to desiring a slow crawl of dribbling on one spot for 15 seconds?

No, Morey and Dantoni catered towards Harden's desires. Not the other way around.

Dantoni with Nash wanted to spam the pick and roll. With Harden for the past couple of seasons they just use picks for switches now rather than attacking the pick. That also is catering to Harden's desire to iso out more.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They had one fluke season because we were dumb enough to give them a player who is better than the cancerous garbage they were dumping.....and now they are a complete dumpster fire, set to be a bottom feeder for a LONG time.

Who is going to give us a better player than Harden in trade?

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It was obvious over a month ago. This place has the biggest drain slurpers I have ever seen

15. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yall bow to the individuals too much. Harden isnt good enough to give Rockets championship and if it wasnt true he already would deliver. Meanwhile team ball is winning

ps. Now you know why Jimmy didnt come here

LosPollosHermanos and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

even if it’s not Nets or bust, what I’m saying is that unless there are actually good offers out there, he is still not going anywhere unless the FO caves

If it’s a case where Simmons is on the table, Boston is offering Jaylen Brown, Denver is offering Murray, etc, and the Rockets have just been rejecting them because they don’t want Harden gone, and doing this will just push the FO to just take 1 of these hypothetical offers, then ok. If the offers out there are basically just scraps like the Nets offer, then he’s staying put.

Is he just gonna bank on the FO caving and accepting trash? He’s not Westbrook who can pull not showing up to training camp and force the front office to take whatever they can get because his value is that low.

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

Better player at what? Playing 1on1? No one. Impossible. Better pieces for team to succeed? Guys that would make team a rock on defense or unstopable offense because there are multiple weapons? Its possible. Hard but possible

18. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's never a good look when your mom has to clean up behind you.

DVauthrin and IBTL like this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I knew this was coming the moment these morans pushed the Westbrook trade. I knew they wanted to have their cake (Westbrook for all of the assets) and eat it too (bail when they inevitably imploded). You can't use the "I'm leaving because I want a ring" excuse when you blew up the franchise.

Harden is quickly going from hero-worship to being booed when he comes back to Toyota Center.

(Of course, since we'll probably never be able to watch live NBA basketball again because of the NBA being SJWs maybe he won't get booed.... separate topic.)

BallaDoc and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Nah. I would put him in top 10 but not top 2-3.

There are better "bucket makers" out there that don't rely on 3>2 and foul draws.

Frame it this way. Imagine the game is down to one possession where you know the refs are going to sallow their whistles which they do often on last plays of the game and you are down by 1 so 3>2 doesn't matter. Who would you rather have? Kobe? Harden?

It's Kobe for me easily because I think Kobe can get his shot off easier with less seperation while Harden needs to create seperation or draw contact. He isn't anywhere as good as someone like Durant or Kobe at making shots with no seperation.