1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's mother: "He is doing the best for his career...He is asking for a chance to get a ring”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 7, 2020.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I want to start this post by saying I agree with you.

The reality is, you and I can't compare our normal jobs to James Harden. He is a top 5 talent in the league and the way the CBA is structured, he does have quite a bit of leverage to hold the Rockets hostage. Tilman can choose to be a hardass with him, but good luck with signing any future star players.

Harden makes the Rockets a ton of money and the Rockets needs James Harden more than he needs them. For all he cares, he can call it quits right now, forego his pay the next two years be alright (although I doubt he would want to jeopardize his endorsements).

Nook, DVauthrin, Patience and 2 others like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not mind handing the keys to Cousins, Wood and Wall for one season to spite JH.

Play Harden 20 minutes a game.

Redemption tank.

whiskeyred likes this.
  3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This is false.

The OKC beat report for ESPN Royce Young has said he was literally there on several occasions for talks that coaches and management had with Westbrook showing him the areas of the floor he shoots poorly and were trying to get him to stop....

His response ....“ When I shoot it I think it’s going to go in”

He never “nailed” those shots with efficiency.

The statistical results of his bone headed shot attempts are there for anyone to go look at it. They were never good.

slothy420, HP3, So Saith Red and 2 others like this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

How about the freakin' OWNER being a team player?

ksny15 likes this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well you can only do so much when you dont know what you're doing.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I beg to differ on this a bit. If the Rockets refuse to trade him this year he can hold out and forgo his $40 mil this year but he also forgoes his spotlight. He won’t be playing pro basketball for a whole year while being 32 years old. He’s not Jordan. He isn’t leading a team to a ring or has the resume like Khawhi.

DVauthrin, Vivi and malakas like this.
  7. conquistador#11

Mama and James have a close relationship so you know Harden has been spilling his frustrations with her for her to say something like that.

Nook and malakas like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

he doesn’t have to go about it like this

however, we’ve seen it happen with others...Kawhi, PG, and AD all left their franchises on a bad note

he could show up, give it his all, and once it became clear this team isn’t a contender (no way in hell this team wins a title), he could get traded without leaving any stains

HP3, joshuaao, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, but maybe he is okay with this? I guess at this point we are playing a game of chess, in the meantime the Rockets are in a strong position since James can't opt out of his contract until 2022-2023 season, but if he decides to sit then the Rockets may lose meaningful time to get good assets back.

10. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sylvia's Mother > Harden's Mother.

whiskeyred likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Undoubtedly so. It's all over. I'm sad, disappointed and angry at James. Tilman's awful but James should have made it very clear a week ago, that he wants out like Russ.

12. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I know this sucks guys, it really does. But it’s better for your team - I know u wanna tell me to stfu but he would have leveraged tf out of u next off season. Now it’s time to get serious and move him, not at the deadline not next year now. Not for a pu pu platter get serious with Philly, maybe Miami, call Boston, call Denver.

You guys are in Houston, a great city, where nba players will want to play. They will. Silas will be a very good developmental coach and you will be closer than u think. Tillman is Tillman but he’s not Dolan, he’s stubborn and he’s egotistical but he’ll wanna win and eventually if with a hired staff will let them work and get out of the way.

harden was gonna milk this season out and then still not sign an extension. You cant have that happen. Keep your head up rockets nation

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I dont trust anything said by anybody named Royce... fool me once... lol

JayGoogle likes this.
  14. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Rockets are hoping this all blows over and Harden's mom confirms that it won't.

saleem and macho GRANDE like this.
  15. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Imagine the kind of person you'd have to be to skip work in order to party and then have your mommy take the heat for you over it. Yikes. The longer Harden waits to come out with a statement, the worse he's going to look.

JayGoogle, Vivi, ipaman and 4 others like this.
  17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Fchow in heaven right now because there is finally a legitimate reason to criticize Harden.

Patience likes this.
  19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Hey Mom. bein' in Las Vegas and partying without a mask is going to help him get a ring huh?

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

sad this in the other thread, but further confirmation.

y'all... James Harden isn't very intelligent. this was somewhat obvious beforehand, but moreso now. This is not an "attack" on him, just kind of is what it it is. He is handling this situation EXTREMELY poorly. He could still get what he wants, without ruining what's left of his good reputation.

At this point, the only way to salvage his reputation would be to lead the Rockets to a ring. Going to another team and winning a ring, where he will (i) be second fiddle, and (ii) will have been a malcontent... puts him in the Kyrie box to me. Better than Kyrie historically, but that kind of wtf player.

Even more concerning... for him... is the the most likely outcome out of all of this is he is moved and STILL doesn't get a ring. For one, because he's Harden. Meaning, do not expect him to come through in the clutch. For two, because winning a ring is hard. A CP3 or now Russ-esque career winddown, even over 5-8 years, with no ring, is more likely than a ring... imo, and that includes being on Nets (sorry, think that's a disaster waiting to happen) and 76ers (again, sorry... Doc+Embiid+Harden screams playoff failure to me...).

But again, even if that is his end goal, and even if that end goal got him a ring, the way he's getting there is torching his legacy. Show up to training camp, tell Tillman you are out 100%. Or don't show up, say you're sitting out, and don't party in Vegas while your mom stands up for you.

****ing embarrassing as **** for him... which speaks to the type of leader he is.

some of us were onto this from him years ago....

saleem, IvanLCPM, GotGame15 and 4 others like this.