1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's mother: "He is doing the best for his career...He is asking for a chance to get a ring”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 7, 2020.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Being a big man defender is a lot harder than being a perimeter defender, the center, especially in those days, directs the defense as they are the first back. Just watch old games and see how often they are going back, pointing, directing, and telling where people should be at so that they can shut down the paint.

Dwight was no dummy.

This has more to do with having a large ego and thinking you can make shots you can't. This is true of a lot of stars, like how Harden has his 2/13 from three nights when it's clearly not falling and you think "Why won't he just go to the rim?" because he thinks he can make the next shot. Players don't take shots they know they will miss.

Also, posting up has more to do with foot work and agility and soft touch.

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with those that say his Mom is just defending her son.

Don't think he's going anywhere, after him wanting Wall and his massive contract. He's not doing the franchise and his buddies like that.

As to those *u$$ie's who would just dump one of the greatest players of all time for pennies on the dollar, I'm glad you spineless bastards aren't our GM.
    He's under contract..and this move would set up the future of the franchise. We'd have PLENTY of bargaining power. James hasn't said squat.

Regardless, dudes not going anywhere right now.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, I could agree with that, his ego made him a moron on the court, it still has the same effect as someone with a low BBIQ and that could be the same for Westbrook, his ego makes him do the dumbest possible things dozens of times per game.

JayGoogle likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

How does getting blown past mean 'Bad IQ'

Battier got blown past a lot, did that mean he had bad IQ or that the ball handler was quicker and put a better move on him?

Also, so many defenders come in with athleticism and they don't' accomplish anything near what Dwight has.

Rocks92 likes this.
  5. sheb

sheb Member

Yeah, no one has brought up the alternative. Maybe harden is forcing Tilman Anand Stone to improve the roster further before he joins. That would mean getting rid of Tucker, Gordon, and picks for another star

6. anchel

anchel Member

So Woj saying he preferred Wall over Westbrook, misses again??

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

yeh... he's never had chances here to win a title - only for him to totally meltdown or disappear...

poor poor millionaire... we should all feel sorry for him bc he hasnt been on a super team where he could easily collect some jewelry... life is so unfair...

smh...

8. beardsanity713

I get how bad Tillman is but come on man James has been babied and catered to his entire time here got rid of coaches teammates everything for this guy draft picks to bring in his friends bobby brown wb.
    Making over 40 million a year
    Has input on front office decisions
    & the one year he doesn't get everything he wants he whines and demands a trade I'm over these diva like guys from LA. At some point there has to be some accountability for his aloof & disinterested play in big games his inability to adapt his game to a more team friendly approach his moody ness and unwillingness to accept critism

malakas and Hank McDowell like this.
  9. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

So what we get cousins and wall fo

HP3, Shroopy2 and harold bingo like this.
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dwight is a twit who can’t shoot FTs. How are you going to pay him the max and you can’t trust him to make FTs. He also wanted post touches which is laughable. He finally won when he knocked his superstar act off.

Patience likes this.
  12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

So then sign a one year deal if you want to chase rings. But you signed a contract for multiple years and nobody owes you a thing. The entitlement of players is astounding. They want all that money but then get mad when teams want them to play out their contract. You had the opportunity to not sign an extension to leave your options open and YOU CHOSE not to. I have zero sympathy for players stuck on bad teams making tens of millions.
    This is the problem with his generation though, thus don’t give a damn about contracts, their “word” or debts and obligations. It’s “what’s good for ME.”

DVauthrin likes this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Harden just wants to make it crystal clear to the front office how unhappy he is that they prioritize avoiding the luxury tax over winning a title.

He's flexing on Tilman a little right now, and I'm fine with that because I hate Tilman so f$#king much.

If Harden doesn't show up soon and lock in for the season, I'll change my tune.

14. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Harden going to Brooklyn are Philly, doesn't guarantee him a Ring, he actually would be in worst situations than Houston considering him losing money from the state income tax's those states have. I honestly feels like Houston give him his best shot.. If he didn't want to be here this long he shouldn't have signed the contract extension, Brooklyn would have no bench after a Harden trade, and Philly ain't no better with a 40 games JE. The Lakers will still be there.

Side note, we as fans are the one's who paying these guys salary, they get these huge contract and after a few years if they don't get a chip they want to run away. The team give them these contracts to win a chip for there city, not to run off and win a chip for another city. I feel like if a player wants to leave early, they need to give a good portion of that money back to the team, then trade these cancers where ever they so fit to be..

Us the fan's who put our heart and soul into the organization and players, mainly with our wallets. Deserve better.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think people confuse general decision making with 'bball IQ'

Ummm @chenjy9 asked how is pulling up early in the clock a good shot? It generally isn't. The thing is on the Thunder, they rubberstamped all that ****. They told Russ to be Russ and you can even read that in his current quotes about "Allow me to be me." I know he wasn't told to take 3 pointers as often as he did here, but I do know at some point in the season they were willing for him to try and see if he could be decent at catch and shooting and I think at some point they just gave up.

Russ is overconfident, that's always been his thing. I don't think he's stupid or dumb, he just thinks he's going to turn it around at any moment. A lot of people don't understand what it is to be in those bodies but you know playing NBA2k you can kind of see it play out when you see a guy take a bunch of dumb shots. When people get confident they take bad shots, bad shots are usually overconfidence or some kind of frustration playing out. No one takes a shot they think they are going to miss.

Because a lot of superstars HIT bad shots. Curry's shots are bad shots...but he makes them. One day, he won't be able to make them, then what happens? Does he come to term with that or does he go the way of Melo or Iverson or other aged stars?

Harden takes and makes bad shots, Westbrook at times in his prime did too. Those same shots we see him making, look back at his OKC runs, he would nail those shots and now he's not. I also think with Russ he goes so fast that he just loses control and he doesn't have that ability to just end fast breaks on dunks all the time either.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

To trade them to the Knicks lol

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Everyone needs to R-E-L-A-X.

Im not going to take the word of his mom as some sort of precursor of doom - she's just defending her son from the royal sht storm that has ensued.

If James wants to bounce his best bet is to report, play well and work together with the team for a symbiotic separation.

IF he wants to be a petty ass b**** then he can sit at home missing game checks and having his legacy smeared while the team plays "well" without him.

I know it sucks, but freaking TF out isnt helping.

clutchdabear, bballjunkie and topfive like this.
  18. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Fertitta really screwed up trading Westbrook. He could have had Harden and Westbrook BOTH refusing to show up. There’s $90 million off your payroll right there.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I would settle for a team player. Because that is all Hardhead has to be.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would fine the heck out of him with due respect.

Nobody, I repeat, nobody is above guidelines.

malakas, DVauthrin and Plowman like this.