1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's mother: "He is doing the best for his career...He is asking for a chance to get a ring”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 7, 2020.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think James Harden is creating narratives to try to force a trade.

D-rock likes this.
  2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Makes no sense but okay. Dantoni sucked and Morey quit when the going got tough

pippendagimp likes this.
  3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If a city like Cleveland can spend money to build a championship then Tillman should as well. F* landrys! Harden wants a title contending team. Tillman should spend in order to do so!

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, this would be the first time that having the owner we have is actually advantageous in this situation.

We arent trading Harden to Brooklyn for scraps, everyone can get that idea out of the way.

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think Harden could find a better outlet than a reporter living in Mumbai writing for the ghost of Sports Illustrated.

DVauthrin, King1, sammy and 2 others like this.
  6. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Harden had a chance at a ring. It was in OKC where they didn't keep him because he asked for 12m and they only was going to offer 9m. Harden then signs contracts for a lot of money without putting player options in there. If his mom was such a good agent she would have either told him not to sign for so many years or have something in his contract to alleviate this current situation.

Also if Harden wanted to win he could have signed a huge low ball contract knowing that high dollar contract would take away some of the teams options to help surround him with people that could win.

What his mother is trying to say is she Harden wants to sign contracts, not hold up to his end, and be shipped off to a team that isn't prepared to offer what the contract is worth. b**** move I must say. Harden had some options and he chose the most immature way of going about this. He gives 210% to get paid like a god, lets not forget that. If money doesn't matter then don't bargain for it.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

D-rock and Nook like this.
  8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

It’s different with Lebron because he has always been the unquestioned number 1, and best player in the league. If Harden goes to the Nets, it’s Durants team. To be clear, I don’t think that team would win a title. They are the two biggest cry baby ego maniacs in the league. If Flat Earth guy stays, It would be a fun disaster to watch.

Same with Philly. I don’t want Simmons, but if he goes there he would be with Morey, it would be his team, and they won’t win a title. Embiid is not good enough to carry the team when Harden vanishes. It would be fun to watch from the outside IMO.

9. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets culture under Tilman IS TOXIC.

It isn't happen stance that the GM, HC, and both franchise players have scratched and fought to get out......... even the glue guy (Tucker) wants out.

Deuce, DVauthrin, FLASH21 and 3 others like this.
  10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Really nobody wins in this situation. Harden isn't going to win this, Tilman isn't going to win this, and Houston Rockets fans aren't going to win this. The only people that are going to win this is Harden haters which I am sure will amplify after this showing and teams Rockets were going to face this year.

D-rock, bj3175 and Nook like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Really?

All Harden has to do is point at the GM, HC and WB all forcing their way out of town.

The environment around the Rockets IS toxic..... the question is about how Harden is going about it all.

Deuce and D-rock like this.
  12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I am no LeBron fan but one thing LeBron didn't do that Harden is doing now is act like a child over a contract. Even on trash teams Lebron still acted like a professional representing the team. Also Lebron only signs one or two year deals to new teams so he has control over his future, it's Hardens fault that he decided to sign a max extension.

T for 3 likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When Harden finally gets to camp, they'll dedicate the first lick to his mother.

[​IMG]

sammy and Nook like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Pot meet kettle.

Your ad hominem attacks on James Harden are infamous and prolific.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It would be funny if we traded him to the knicks of the NOrth.

BTW how is this tweet meant to be read, is the "knicks of the sourth" coming from the person familiar with, who is opining on the state of the team, or a thought bubble from Harden's head that the person familiar is relying to us?

Cause I've called us poor James Dolan team before this offseason. Am I being quoted here?

D-rock likes this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Tilman is a toxic man. We all know this.

daywalker02, D-rock and Nook like this.
  17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I mean you are definitely right about Lebron being the best player in the league hands down but at the end of the day he still had to team up with other stars just to get a ring. I hate that new mentality but it is what it is. I think the league would be so much better off if guys had their own teams more or less or the “stars” were more dispersed within the league. I think we would see different champions as well instead of the same usual suspects. But at the end of the day I’m not going to fault these guys for doing what they need to do to get a ring.

You don’t think Simmons would be a great piece to build around?

HP3 and T for 3 like this.
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I worked at the Kemah Boardwalk for like 15 months in 2002, so I'm a bit of a Tilman expert. I can confirm that no one likes being around when he's around.

Also, I'm a ****ing expert at the guess your weight/age game. If Haymitch was working that game then y'all ain't winning anything.

slothy420, D-rock and Nook like this.
  19. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Not to mention to acquire Harden the team will have to give up any decent asset they have farther weakening the team.

T for 3 likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why not both copy.gif