1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's mother: "He is doing the best for his career...He is asking for a chance to get a ring”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 7, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I see Harden stans throwing around the most aggressive ad-hominems on this message board. You would be blind to not see it.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  2. sabesque

sabesque Member

Good explanation from Harden's agent.

Nothing says "all i want is a chance to get a ring" like staring training camp in vegas with rappers.

3. fchowd0311

Yup it's a massive conflict of interest if you are a Rocket fan.

It's in Harden's best interest to tank his trade value of his ultimate goal is to win a ring.

BallaDoc likes this.
  4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

My thing is KD was just a free agent two years ago and then two years before that. Why did KD go to GSW instead of Houston if he wanted to to win with Harden so bad? So Harden is conceding he is not a #1? Send him to Philly. Give him the Morey hamster wheel experience again.

beardsanity713 likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Sometimes it does get too personal, I would agree, but that's all the arguments on here not just with Harden tbf.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Listen man, gonna say this as nice as possible. Sometimes it’s easier for people to think you don’t make intelligent arguments because they’re beneath explaining. Unfortunately you’re one of those individuals. The reasoning and logical thought process has been laid out far too many times. Me, nor @fchowd0311 , @Asian Sensation have the time to repeatedly explain patterns that are obvious, and have been for a while .

throughout life, not just here, you’re going to be asked to make extrapolations on future events/behaviors based on past current ones. Some people are just die hard fans and want to be homers, other folks are just way behind the curve.

if there’s anything I think you should take away, it is to reflect on how you’re repeatedly wrong and make emotionally charged posts. I don’t think you’re stupid, just incredibly naive (for clarification). It sounds cold I know but I don’t know you and perhaps this is just an internet personas so please take what I say for self improvement or with a grain of salt if u choose to

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Sorry but this is not entirely true. WE did plenty of Iso before CP3 got here. Never not once did we look like the 2000 suns with harden running the offense at point. If by pace they mean quickest to score but not necessarily under 7 seconds. Harden iso's were the main reason we couldn't get good looks under 7 seconds. Other players only get iso'ed when Harden couldn't get a shot or dished out.

fchowd0311 and T for 3 like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Blind to what? Harden is asking for a trade? Do you want me to sit here and go back and blame Harden for EVERYTHING that's happend? That't not intelligent, that's not logical and thats not rational. Do you want me to sit here and say taking so many threes was bad for us? Or that mid range could have saved us? Or that Harden wasnt good enough to win as a first option when he very clearly is? My arguments have always been of Harden as a basketball player and not the person. And whenever he is faulted, I have said it. Whenever he has played bad I have said it. You have had unbelievable hate boner for the guy for a LONG time. I dont what arguments there were here that you didnt think people got.

Morey is gone, Dantoni is gone and there is no one here really that Harden is loyal to. Harden is acting like a jerk and I hate what he's doing. Its not a good look on him as a person at all. BUT I dont know how any of this vindicates any arguments you've had.

ksny15 likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

DeBeards and HP3 like this.
  10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

He’s asking for a chance to go somewhere and be *given* a ring, Durant style. You are no champion and never have been.

bmelo, fchowd0311 and Ramo$e like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Ahhh yes, the arguments of ASIAN SENSATION looooooooooooooooooool. Yes, the arguments were there from the beginning. :D

D-rock likes this.
  12. bmelo

bmelo Member

We just got 2nd round exit after barely making it out of the first round

Denovo and T for 3 like this.
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You're right we never looked like the Dantoni Suns, all of those teams played at a slower pace than each and every one of his Houston teams, even the tortoise like "protect the hamstring" 2019 squad.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We'll See

Rocket River

DeBeards likes this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

Seems like KD incepte'd Harden.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DeBeards and Ramo$e like this.
  16. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Sure thing buddy, whatever you say. Both teams peaked and couldn't get it done. Suns were faster.

bmelo likes this.
  17. OkayAyeReloaded

In regards to the orignal thread post about Harden.

The decision to sign a max contract means you agree to do the job knowing anything could happen and you will still get paid. Your boss (GM and coach) can quit or get fired, this goes for any business. This was a Harden decision, not fans.

If you're going to play the superteam game, on thing I'll give LeBron credit for at least he signed short term deals to test free agency destinations. He fulfilled his contract like a man then made a decision, which is fine and his right. The fans and ownership have no right to decide if he fulfilled his contract to them.

But sigining a max deal then demanding a trade is selfish, and you don't care about the fans only yourself. That's the truth.

He has a right to make decisions for himself but also face the consequences of his decisions, we also have a right to decide as fans.

Fans make these guys who they are and make the NBA. Without them, none of this matters, we can decide not to support team, players, not buy jerseys or watch games etc.

I really hope they address this in the next CBA. Players leaving in free agency is one thing, but signing max deals to leave fans hanging is another.

Fans are getting totally forgotten in all of this, vote with your feet.

18. AXG

AXG Member

Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't think it's as big a deal. It's possible that Harden did want to leave at some point and wanted to go to Brooklyn, but then had a change of heart. In order to accommodate a trade to Brooklyn, they'd have to give up a lot and Durant is injury prone and older.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  19. fchowd0311

Also it helps that players like AD would rather play with you. People who compliment Lebron well want to play with Lebron. People who don't compliment Harden well like Westbrook wanted to play with Harden.

20. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He will eventually be known as an uber talented quitter around these parts. Unfortunately. Don't know why we're always stuck with these types. Maybe it's the air.