1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's mother: "He is doing the best for his career...He is asking for a chance to get a ring”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 7, 2020.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I know. That's my point. OKC was able to have one final fluke season because the guy they traded for was better than the trash they got rid of. In Houston, that's not the case. There's no return that would allow the Rockets to avoid needing to tank for a complete rebuild if Harden is gone.

D-rock likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why do you lie so much?

Rockets were top 5 in pace D'Antoni's first season with Rockets and Harden at PG.

MDA slowed pace to accommodate CP3 style of play, not Harden's.

Rockets also went primarily to iso ball when CP3, EGo and Clint were out for large part of regular season in 2018 and Rockets dragged a team full of g League talent from outside top 8 to challenge for top 2 seed in the West.

Your anti-Harden bias is odious but it is unnecessary to use Trumpian tactics of repeating lies ad nauseum trying to speak falsehoods into existence.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

THANK U . Why is it so obvious to just us? And then we get attacked

bmelo likes this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

Honestly team of lets say

Boogie
    Wood
    Simmons
    EG
    Wall

plus some role players isnt half bad...

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Wrong, they had far more than just 1 style while D'Antoni was here, they played fast, they played slow. They changed their style half way through the Chris Paul first season as well. Went from the fastest pace in the league to almost the slowest. the slowest style also was one of the most efficient style's in the league as well

D-rock likes this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'd like to see the Rockets let him sit out and sulk by himself instead of caving to his trade demands immediately. It won't decrease his trade value, and it will increase the value of our (meager) draft picks and let us develop some other players, plus get a bidding war going as other teams sense that he's available. Silas has really impressed me so far and he doesn't deserve a sulking $40M man in his locker room.

GotGame15 and sammy like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude even CP3 wanted Harden to push the pace up occasionally. Ever since 2018, the Rockets have slowed down in pace considerably and rs because of Harden. It ticked back up with Westbrook because obviously that dude loves running around like a headless chicken often.

If you can't see how Dantoni and Morey catered towards Harden ,you are blind. All there decision-making was to maximize Harden until they traded Capella.

8. fchowd0311

He only sulks on the court. He's going to have big booties on his lap otherwise.

9. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Kidnap Harden and tie him to a chair while forcing him to commit to the Rockets?

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Because you dont make intelligent arguments and whine like children.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Aware

Aware Member

its going to be sad day when he bails on this team partially because of trades he wanted.
    he's still our second best player ever but at this point just trade him to the highest bidder.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I could see that team sneaking in as the 7 or 8 seed and getting swept in the first round. Not too bad.

13. fchowd0311

Honestly I've seen posters like you and D-Rock throw personal insults around far more often.

Self-awareness goes a long way.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

If James wants out so bad stop lowering your trade value....

bballjunkie likes this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

How often do you see me throw insults your way? How often do you see me be the first ones here to do so? You and your boy here whine about us and then play innocent when we call you out on this.

Actually how often do you see me insult you personally, I dont believe that i do that.

D-rock likes this.
  16. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

First round exit

Denovo and HP3 like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are ignoring reality again.

Rockets have run multiple offenses and systems with Harden under MDA but it was primarily to maximize their 2nd star. D'Antoni changed offense for both CP3 and Westbrook.

FACT.

18. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

She deleted the post? Man I wanted to leave a comment "WWMJD What would Michael Jordan do?

19. xaos

xaos Member

Wouldn't it help him to lower his trade value? If the goal is to be traded to a contender, then lowering your trade value means your new team gives up less.

BallaDoc and fchowd0311 like this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

If that.

D-rock likes this.