1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Harden withdraws from 2016 Olympics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmactoyao, Jun 10, 2016.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

a lot more will follow it seems

Harden, Curry, Westbrook are all gone

Just not worth the risk, Brazil isn't exactly the place people want to be in.

I do remember UFC fighters hate going to Brazil for fights

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He certainly did make history by having the most turnovers for an entire season in the history of the league.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Brazil is the capital city of big butts.

Is my man maturing?

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

To me this is good news for us, he already played way too much these past two years, the last thing i want is too see a player of my team getting tired if not injured for playing a 10 days tournament (yeah, Olympics are Olympics...).

Anyway just hope he uses this extra time to work on his game and he comes in good shape into tc next season.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Too early to judge and the ignorance in this thread about Brazil is stunning. Rio is a great place, one of the most beautiful and active places you will ever see.

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

He thought he needs to add some more fat before next season.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's funny how every other player withdraws but it is only when Harden says no that you get some of the ridiculous comments about how he is a lazy bum in this thread.

Half of the team has pulled out and I don't really blame the players for doing that.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm disappointed that Harden chose to withdraw. It would have helped him to get in shape and ready for the new season.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well, next time Steph Curry comes into camp overweight, then his fans can start complaining. Harden needs a boot up his ass to do cardio.

10. RocketNRoll

RocketNRoll Member

Excerpt from an USA Today Article -

"Zika is a mosquito-borne virus linked to severe birth defects and possible neurological problems in adults.

(Detroit Tigers closer Francisco) Rodriguez says he was bedridden for about two weeks with head and body aches, sore joints and other symptoms. It felt like he had a cold at first, but as symptoms worsened, he went for bloodwork that determined it was Zika. It took about two months until he felt normal again."

If I was a NBA player I wouldn't go.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Other players don't have legitimate questions regarding their work ethic and commitment to winning.

12. MistaK

MistaK Member

I'm sure the only people who question his work ethic are a few posters on here!!! Weird that you always here players and coaches always seem to say that he is a hard worker.

If he feels he needs to withdraw, then good for him. He's played a crazy amount of minutes since coming to HOU. As was mentioned at the end of the season, he has pretty much played on a bum ankle all season long. Let the guy get his body right.

Ohh, and if it makes you feel any better, Harden was (maybe still is?) in Arizona working out couple of days ago (apparently was working out there with KD too).

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Funny how a player with those "legitimate questions" was Team Captain for the 2014 FIBA tourney

Does that say more about team USA's management or your warped perspective?

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lol I swear we don't deserve to have Harden on the team. Guy gets blasted for the dumbest ****. Terrible fans.

1 person likes this.
  15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You stop that right now! The narratives must go on!

16. conquistador#11

great. he's going to come in with " a bad posture" again.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You guys always say that and I've never once heard any player or coach say that about Harden so I've never heard this legitimate concern.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He came into camp out of shape and played last for the whole year. Why does someone need to say it? We all saw it.

19. Karolik

Karolik Member

He's gonna be fat and out of shape again....can't go to strip clubs as much when you're playing basketball in the olympics.

20. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

U r right!
    There r too many guys who hadn't watched one game at Toyota Center but had complained everything