1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden will never lead us to the promised Land

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fefo, Sep 3, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I lol at people making biblical references with no real afterthought.

2. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Ya, it's tough, as fan like yourself I want him to come out and have a 50 pt Game 7 and shut everybody up but we can't always have our cake and eat it too.

In the sense that Harden needs have a better mental mindset in these games I agree 100%. He does lose confidence at times, especially when he starts a game off slow. In the past he has shrunk in many of these moments, but every year you see more improvement, another step in the right direction.

I think it's important for us fans to try to be patient, understanding, and fair in our assessment and try to let go of the very legitimate frustrations we have at times. Through the first 3 quarters of Game 7, I was cussing Harden out from my chair.

But as soon as he checked in the 4th quarter and got a tough runner over Adams off of an aggressive drive to the basket, I started believing. Then, he beautifully directed Covington and got an open 3, splash. Next play, drives off the pick, gets double-teamed, and a beautiful behind the back pass to Covington for another 3, splash. Next play, off the Covington pick again he tries to shoot an in rhythm 3 pointer that misses. Few plays later good defense on SGA, he falls down but still grabs a rebound while on the ground thanks to PJ's box-out. Few plays later he drives and gets a big layup to go over Dort. A few plays after that gets a big block on Schroeder. Few plays after that, the drive and kick to Tucker who fakes and puts in a floater. Lastly, the key block and dodge to win the game.

Link to full play (not just highlights) of Harden's game 7 performance here

In the last 8 minutes of 4th quarter Game 7 when you're losing to a team you're supposed to beat, a situation when I've seen many teams including our own collapse, Harden had 4 pts 2-3 FG, 3 assists, 2 blocks and was involved one way or another in every key play down the stretch. THERE IS NO WAY ANYONE CAN SAY HE SHIED AWAY FROM THE MOMENT. In fact, he had a big pair of f***ing balls to come back the way he did in the fourth quarter after that abysmal game he was having.

He was garbage for 3 quarters, and I thought we were seeing another collapse, but dude bounced back in a big way that we haven't seen from him. This is going to tremendously help his confidence (which I think is his real issue) and maybe we will get that signature 40 pt triple double over Lebron James that shows the league what this guy can really do.

Look, I don't know what's gonna happen. I don't know if Harden is Kobe/Lebron/Jordan or Barkley/Malone/Ewing but this dude, at least for now, deserves the benefit of the doubt and our support after a tremendous 4th quarter game 7 performance.