1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden vs Klay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

So we're going to act like Harden didn't have a bad shooting night from three point line.

The hypocrisy around here is unreal. I remember Harden going 0-10 from three at the beginning of the season. I remember several other games when he was flat out cold. But you bring up Klays bad night.

All I can say is wow

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I believe dude was being sarcastic. We all know Harden is an Alpha Dawg.

3. ibm

ibm Member

exactly - plus the fact that this team has been going nowhere.

what do you think klay's #'s gonna be if he's given harden's touches and total control? what if klay was the #1 on an nba team?

4. ibm

ibm Member

i thought it's this post of yours where sarcasm was at its best, not mine.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Klay is probably the best catch-and-shoot player in the league. So good, that it has a halo effect on people's opinion of his entire game.

Harden is one of the lowest effort players in the league. So bad, that it has a halo effect on people's opinions of his entire game.

Naturally, the whole discussion mutates into "Klay is a #1 and Harden is a #2." But that isn't true.

6. tksense

tksense Member

Which one sounds like would help you win?

Sure when some effort is exerted Haren's team can win some games, but the potential to give up plays is unacceptable and hurts team morale.

Whereas best catch & shoot player is conducive to add another superstar at peak level.

The results are playing out before our eyes. Would you rather win or just have good some all-nba *looking* stats? :(

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Harden IS a superstar player, Klay is a player you'd add to play next to superstar players. Is this really a question?

If you have Harden, you look for role players like Klay to make the team better, if you have Klay, you look to add superstars so that your team can actually start winning games.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

if we switched harden with klay last year, do you think the rockets would have made the playoffs?

and will GSW still be in the finals right now with harden instead of klay?

and next year would a superstar like durant would play with the rockets next to harden or klay?

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, the GSW wouldn't still be in the finals right now if they had Harden instead of Klay, the finals would be over, they'd have already won the championship.

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

As HTown stated earlier... None of us really know this...

This is basically your opinion..

T_Man

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe none of you really know it, but that doesn't mean I don't. Replacing Klay with a superstar SG would do nothing but make that team better and if Harden got Dubs type friendly calls? Oh wow.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If you switched Harden and Thompson, the Rockets would be worse but the Warriors would not be better.

Klay couldn't carry the Rockets offense like Harden did. On the other hand, Klay enhances Curry's game. Harden would diminish it.

I think Thompson has proven a lot of Harden apologists wrong these two playoffs series. In fact, I believe if Thompson wasn't compared to Harden, a lot of Rockets fans would appreciate his value more.

And I am not a Klay fan.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Has anyone posted about the irony of the thread title yet? Harden vs. Clay. It doesn't get much better than that.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Klay plays defense

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes, he is and can be.

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don't get the Harden is a low effort player comments. Yeah he's not a good defensive player and he has lapses on that end that aren't good at all. He needs to be better but it's also unbelievably hyper magnified that people completely overlook just how ****ing good this guy is as an offensive player.

Can you say he's a low effort defensive player? Perhaps so. But he either leads the league in minutes played or he's close and he had essentially nobody to rely on as a consistent offensive threat. There's going to be lapses on the other side of the ball. I'm not excusing his defense but just to completely ignore his offensive game makes absolutely no sense. Klay Thompson plays with ****ing Steph Curry in the same backcourt. Im sure he'd be exactly the same with Patrick Beverly.

This board would have traded Hakeem in '91.

17. BigSexy

BigSexy Contributing Member

Yes, all-NBA defense level defense we are seeing in these finals vs Kyrie.

18. alethios

alethios Member

Klay has been Hardened on occasion.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you just said admitted Klay unlike Harden couldn't carry the Rockets

and what Klay's doin right now in GSW behind Steph Harden already did years ago behind KD and WB. And off the bench too.

And you call fans who think Harden >>> Klay apologists LOL

20. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Harden has already proven to be better than LeBron James when playing great defense.

Even though we saw that D a couple times in the past years, I'm 100% confident MDA and Jeff Bzedlik will have Harden going hard EVERY night. There is no doubt Harden will be competing for an all defensive team.