1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden vs Klay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Look here Sam, Harden is a dynamic player. Unfortunately he brought this negative vibe on himself. Mainly because of his lackluster defensive effort.

2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

i guess our disagreement is about whether harden is the guy to lead a championship team. I say no. Please prove me wrong though james.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You are indeed correct. The thing is me that joker doesn't ever respond to one another. But I shall report him as well as block him.

4. Chamillionaire

Klay is cold though. He's got the killer instinct. He's the reason why they win. I love his game, but I personally think James is better especially his ability to create. Klay is a better shooter and defender though.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

hey jeremy lamb is better than harden because he can breathe

6. vlaurelio

do you think anyone could have led clueless mchale, jb, pbev, ariza, p***y d12, trash brewer, tjones, terry, jsmith, injured dmo etc to the championship this year?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not really insulting anyone, there are some people that are insulting themselves by posting really stupid opinions.

I mean, it's not a matter of someone having a different opinion. Someone saying they prefer chocolate ice cream and another person saying they like vanilla ice cream is a difference of opinion. Someone saying that the Reliant Robin is the fastest production car ever made is not just a difference of opinion, it's a really stupid comment that you'd hope was just a joke. The Klay comments are very similar to that.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

And on the flip side one could counter do you think Klay showed up to camp fat and out of shape. Lol

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You just have to have the last word. That man just gave you some sound advice and look how you twisted it.

Bwhahaha typical Bobby. And you wonder why bloggers come at you.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, look kiddo, i know you think you are right about this just like you thought you were right the time before and time time before that but you simply aren't good at this. In fact, you say the same things every single time....don't you get tired of embarrassing yourself? Is shame just not a thing for you?

You roll out some of the most ridiculous hot takes and when people point out that they are kind of stupid you attack them for it. I guess that's just your thing, but it's pretty annoying.

At this point I'm fine with you and whatever other simpleton that wants to make the case for Klay Thompson over Harden, despite it being shot down repeatedly, just continuing on with life thinking that foolish nonsense. Let's just end the conversation here and we can bring it up later once you've learned the error of your ways. Hopefully it won't take 3 years this time.

11. dmoneybangbang

It sure ain't Klay Thompson.

12. dmoneybangbang

Ok? They both play the 2 spot, but James Harden is the better player. Pretty simple.

13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Klay is better all around than Harden, but the comparison is not fair because Klay is the 2nd or 3rd option for GSW on most nights.

14. dmoneybangbang

You can qualify it however you want but you simply can't make Klay the offensive engine of a team and expect him to produce the same numbers.

15. vlaurelio

Kay for Camp MVP!!!

Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. T for 3

T for 3 Member

couldn't have said it better myself.

17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

ok, so let's just assume that neither is the first option on a championship team. Therefore klay does not have have to be relied on to be the iso ball hero like harden. Then who do you want??

Also, I disagree with the whole "insert superstar" for championship thing. isn't that proven wrong the majority of the time? that's why klay has more appeal to me.

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lol Klay Thompson isn't better than Harden. Some of you guys are very dumb.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

very intelligent counter argument.....

20. dmoneybangbang

Why not assume that?

I want Harden since we already have him.... Makes things a lot easier.

I don't follow, you need top talent to win. You most certainly wouldn't pass up on a Klay Thompson level talent, but he has never demonstrated the ability to run an offense for even half a season. Is a great shooter, who plays well off the ball and plays great team defense. Of course, but he isn't the primary ball handler and number one scoring option who also was 2nd in ppg.

I get why folks are "down" on Harden, but Klay Thompson isn't a Harden-level player. They play two different roles for their respective team. The Rockets looked, smelled, and played like crap this season. It's best to just put that behind you and hope we retool with better talent and better scorers.