1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden to Morey: Get me help at guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 29, 2015.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Seems like people, even those who complain about there being too much talk about Lin, just love talking about Lin. The quickest way to stop a conversation about a topic in which you have no interest is just to not reply about that topic and post about something that is more interesting. Posting more argument over it just keeps the discussion about that topic that you hate so much going and going.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Nobody gives two craps about Lin dude. Stop it.

The cap space allowed for numerous moves. Go sit down somewhere.

3. Allegro

Allegro Member

You have no words because you have no argument to counter mine.

One look at our record in late December 2012 to early January 2013, when Lin was running the team, would make your jaws drop if you are honest with yourself.

4. basketballholic

Our best half-court offense was when Daniels or Canaan was on court with Harden. Because they are elite shooters that can trigger it with a defender up close and get it to go down.

The problem was not that they could not "cut it" here. The problem was, is, and will be as long as McHale stays the head coach, that McHale doesn't recognize the need for elite shooters and McHale will play good defenders who are mediocre shooters OVER Great shooters who are mediocre defenders.

Yeah, he's a possibility. But Seth is a better shooter than Jimmer. So why sign Jimmer for the minimum when you can get a better shooter for the minimum?

So the guy would thrive next to Harden but he's certainly not the answer???? Well, I suppose the answer is Allen Iverson isn't it?

In my opinion, Seth Curry would undoubtedly shoots between 42-45% on a huge volume of 3-point shots playing next to Harden. I'd say that would be thriving. Both for him and us. That would be a HUGE ANSWER for us.

Sign Seth Curry for offense.
    Sign Aaron Craft for defense.
    When you want to play small you can play both of them.

1 person likes this.
  5. Allegro

Allegro Member

What do I hope to achieve? To prepare the ground for Lin's return to Houston, of course! There's no doubt that if Lin returned and were allowed to run the team, we would win it all It seems lots of people here hate Lin so much that they would rather not win a championship, not with Lin.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I know his last name is curry but the dude been out of college for 2 years and hasn't player in the NBA. He's a d league player if he was that good another team would have swooped him up by now. I watched him in college he's not nearly the shooter he's brother is. I'm sure he'll get a shot because of his last name but c'mon man if his last name was different we you wouldn't even be talking about him.

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Once they figured out Lin can't shoot worth a damn they cut off all his passing lanes and angles. Notice how in most games where Lin compiles a bunch of assists he also shoots the ball well.. Heck his shot is such a prayer shot in some games that even when he drives it's a no finish at the rim because the defense already anticipates it. It's better he's not a Rocket.

8. basketballholic

Same junk said about Whiteside when he was dangling out there.

Didn't say he was as good as Steph.....ever. But he's an elite shooter nonetheless. At this stage of their respective careers, Seth is the superior shooter and superior player to Jason Terry.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ltK6mPULgLE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Seth Curry has had a lot of shots: GSW, Memphis, Cavs, Orlando, PHX

All in two years!

I think he'll break through eventually, but I really don't know if he'll be ready this summer

#649 shastarocket, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  10. Carl Herrera

It's OK to give Seth Curry a shot, but it would be delusional to do so without being aware of the rather high probability that he is unlikely to become a rotation player. Just because they are related, it doesn't mean that Seth Curry is going to be nearly as good as Dell Curry or Wardell Curry. Is Joey Dorsey anywhere near as good as Dwight?

While we are on the topic of little brothers, is Zoran Dragic worth a shot?

11. basketballholic

Seth doesn't have to be as good to be super effective here spacing the floor for James.

All Seth has to do is knock down that 3-ball at 42-45%...which he would do...in volume.

=============================================

Instead of pooing on the idea of Seth Curry...why don't you guys come up with other shooters that can fire the 3-ball at a Curry/Korver volume and rate? That is the gas this team needs to make it's half-court offense LETHAL.

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Zoran is actually the older brother I believe. Seth Curry looks like Royce White miniaturized.. The question is "Was Royce White Mini any good?"

13. basketballholic

Let's not look at guys like Seth. Let's combine assets to move up for undersized and slow shooting guard Devin Booker.

14. Carl Herrera

Reggie Williams
    Brady Haslip
    Bryce Cotton
    Michael Jenkins
    Jarrell Eddie
    Troy Daniels

15. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

FACT CHECKING 101

1. The only "playoff teams" in that stretch we defeated were (for that season): NYK, MEM, CHI, and LAL. The "other teams" we defeated were: 76ers, Wolves, ATL, NOLA, MIL, and the LBJ-less Cavs (all were either Non-Playoff teams, or teams who had the benefit playing the playoffs in the East, because they would not have made the playoffs (record-wise) in the West).

2. The only "best defenses in the league" in that stretch were MEM and CHI, and we played them in consecutive games. You failed to mention how poor those teams were on offense. The rest of the teams we beat in that stretch were bad to horrible on defense.

3. The Lakers at that time were not the defending champions (their last title was 2009-10), that was Miami.

4. We did win 10 of 12 in that stretch, but the 2 losses were consecutive losses to SA, who ended up coming out the West that season; and OKC, the team that just came out the West the previous season.

5. Funny how you mentioned we played great basketball during that stretch, and you chose to leave out the fact that we lost our next 7 games to bring our overall season record, at that time, to at 21-21. You know, back to a .500 team.

16. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Being a really good three point shooter does not make you a good basketball player. I would rather have 29 y/o Mario Chalmers who just got surgery on his knee over Seth Curry. Seth will probably be picked up by some summer league team but that's it.

17. Nook

Nook Member

This idea that McHale won't play good shooters in bizarre.

Troy Daniels did not really shoot that well after leaving the Rockets, and Canaan didn't either. They combined to shoot 36.5% on 3's last year.....

As for Seth Curry, I don't mind the Rockets giving him a real strong look off the bench. What would really help the Rockets 3 point shooting is for Ariza to rebound to what he has shot the previous few years and for Jones/Smith and Brewer to stop shooting threes.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Seth Curry is an NBA shooter.... He would hit threes for the Rockets.

He shot almost 50/50/90 last year in the NBDL taking a huge number of contested threes.... I have zero doubt he would shoot 38-40% or better for the Roclets on 3's.

The issue is he does nothing else, so you have to live with serious size limitations and defensive limitations.

I do think he is an NBA rotational player in the right situation.

19. gfromda713

gfromda713 Member

20. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I'm wondering if Harden wants help in the backcourt or just help with scoring in general? If we landed LMA, that would help Harden greatly. That pick and roll would be nearly unguardable. Besides, even if we landed LMA, I'm sure we could bring AB back to either get significant minutes as the backup or even start. Only thing that concerns me with getting LMA is what Dwight might do if he is completely ousted from the offense.