1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Harden to Morey: Get me help at guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 29, 2015.

1. Terry Teagle

Terry Teagle Member

Hmmm -- is there any empirical evidence to back up the fact that Lin is not good in crunch time situations? Like turnover rate in fourth quarters with a game in between 6 points?

One could argue that Harden is not good in crunch time, anecdotally speaking.

2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Re: Harden, you can do a search. Multiple stats posted throughout the season regarding his status as a top crunch time performer.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

I have an artificial snake's scale in this plastic bag. It equals in mass the weight of your thoughts on Mr. Lin, except it's more interesting. With all due respect.

5. Terry Teagle

Terry Teagle Member

Fair enough, would love to see those stats. I was just disappointed by Harden being benched in the 4th quarter of Clippers series Game 6. And him losing the ball on the last play of that one GSW game.

In any case, I think Mo Williams and Lin are the best of the plausible and cheaper options. Maybe Darren Collison if he becomes available.

6. KlutchQT

I missed that last sentence somehow. "We" wrongfully glorified a perennial All-Star, All-NBA, MVP runner-up over a journeyman backup, and the punishment was a trip to the conference finals? Seems legit. x_x

7. KlutchQT

That's fair. I'm not sure if you watched the Rockets consistently this season, but we don't get anywhere near 56 wins without Harden being otherworldly in crunch time all season, frequently with little to no help at all.

8. chandlerbang21

Bet dwight is saying the same thing about the PF position and rebounding.

9. Allegro

Allegro Member

If Harden wants to try his luck with a new PG, he's a fool. He knows, or should know, that with Lin running the offense the team can score 120+ points a game easily, against even the best defense in the leage. The chances of that much chemistry happening again are extremely low with another PG.

10. Allegro

Allegro Member

I agree that playmaking doesn't have to come from the PG. But how much playmaking can we realistically acquire in the 1,3,4,5 positions? As for Dunleavy, I notice that when Rose is out, the Bulls run their offense through Noah or Butler, not through Mike.

11. Allegro

Allegro Member

Then the last thing you want is for the Rox to win a title. Lin the playmaker lead the Rockets into scoring 120+ points per game against the best defenses in the league at the time (MEM and CHI), and 125 points against the defending champions (LAL). You don't want that Lin? You'd prefer to lose humiliatingly instead, as the Rox just did?

12. Allegro

Allegro Member

Nobody looks good on a team that wants to lose.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Yes I prefer losing "humiliatingly" in the wc FINALS than lose non "humiliatingly" with Lin in the first round.

14. Allegro

Allegro Member

Winston Churchill was right about you two. When Lin was the playmaker, we had possibly the most potent offense in the league, and we threw that away. And you two totally agree with that stupidity, right? Churchill was a wise man.

[​IMG]

15. Allegro

Allegro Member

If Lin had been our playmaker all along, we would have a championship already. Nobody wants the Lin whose game has been strangled by the Rockets, not even me. But Lin the playmaker is an exceptional player.

16. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Llull Lull Llull

17. KlutchQT

What's Llull's defense looking like?

18. malakas

malakas Member

In a team with Harden the runner up Mvp and franchise cornerstone Lins game will be "strangled". He needs the ball all the time in his hands to be effective and he wont get it here in the Rockets. The end. If he cant find a better deal in another team this summer and he wants to sign here for around 3 per to come off the bench as backup then fine.

19. malakas

malakas Member

Not great. He will have some trouble defending Nba pgs.

20. Nook

Nook Member

No, there is certainly baggage with the team itself.