1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden to Dekker "Pass that s#!+!, Pass that s#!+!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Jan 25, 2017.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dekker is a TERRIBLE rotator, he is worse than TJones on defense.....he has no awareness of team D, as of yet.

DD

2. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What a joke, this has nothing to do with that.

Harden should get in people's grill - the problem is that unless HE HIMSELF is playing D, he looks like a hypocrite and that undermines his leadership.

This is not a black and white issue, this is a hold yourself accountable first issue.

Do as I DO, not Do as I say.

DD

Shroopy2, bigdaddy, Vivi and 9 others like this.
  4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

**** it we're eating ice cream and cake for dessert

no we're eating apple turnovers. apple turnovers. apple turnovers. apple turnovers. apple turnovers.

basketballholic and bilaal14 like this.
  5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I watched highlights and all I saw was cs getting dunk after dunk, terrible terrible rotation

Nook and BigMaloe like this.
  6. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

It's a terrible idea. In fact it's the same exact crap we did last year rolling out Ty Lawson who shoots like Reggie Miller compared to Rubio.

7. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

This is true. It's crazy some folks even suggest Dekker replacing Ariza as the starter defending elite players. Dekker try's hard, rebounds well but his rotations suck right now. Montrezl gets yelled at the most by Harden and Trez has gotten noticeably better at his rotations over time.

8. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Lulz, based on the replies in this thread, I know the Rockets are about to turn it around.

Glad I read this. I was starting to get kinda down on us.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

James Harden is clearly the worst perimeter rotator on the roster.

If it's me, I put him on PFs for the majority of the game. He is WAY better at guarding bigs and he is probably our best rebounder too.

*Play KJ McDaniels so we can get some more dunks, and some more defense. WE saw it in preseason. He has a good connection with James on the fastbreak.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Voltik

Voltik Member

Harden misses his rotation or player goes right by him. He needs to hold himself accountable on those plays just as much as Dekker and Trez. There is no excuse for it or to blame someone for the same mistakes. Good Leaders lead by example and I don't see Harden doing that.

Vivi and T for 3 like this.
  11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Well...concerning

13. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

KJ in the back ground like "James, I'll take those minutes. I'll take them!! Tell coach for me!! I'm ready!"

Balldon'tlie, Deuce, Easy and 6 others like this.
  14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Stfu james

DudeWah likes this.
  15. threepointshot3

Overall he has hardly been a cancer. Besides a few mental lapses he has been much better this season. It shows he still has to mature a bit more, but he is getting better.

16. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

I like it. Harden holding teammates to a higher standard. He's got to continue to hold himself to that standard as well and also remember that when things feel like they are falling apart. This is all a part of the journey. If we can play offense like we did at the beginning of the season and start playing defense we can be a force in the playoffs.

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

He doesn't hold himself to that standard.

He played less than zero defense the entire fourth quarter. He gave up on at least 3 defensive possessions in a row that I counted. I mean literally just completely gave up on the play after his man got past him.

18. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

:(

Let's hope he steps it up here rockets have played more games than almost anyone else in the league at this point. Fingers crossed for second half re-surgence.

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don't like that ****.

20. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

It's losses like tonight that can make or break a team moving forward. The Rockets were really humiliated by IT down the stretch of this game and you could tell James wasn't happy about that, nor the MVP chants for Thomas. James also had a pretty terrible game by his own standards. But, these are the type of losses that can really build character in a team and bring them closer together, too.

I agree with posters who say that Harden needs to lead by example or STFU. That's exactly what he needs to do, and if his own teammates cannot make that clear then MDA has to step in there and do so. I've never doubted the relationship between MDA and Harden so far, and I think the message will come across to him and losses like tonight are good for bringing back that early season motivation.

Still, the NBA is a marathon season. Without a healthy Gordon who is our second best player and hasn't been 100% since the Charlotte game (Rockets are 4-6 since that game, 31-9 before), and considering the Rockets have had one of the toughest schedules to start the season, I can't say I'm really surprised by the recent results.

I expect us to pull it together and come out hungry against the Sixers on friday. If we lose that game then I may start to get concerned, but until then the team has exceeded all expectations even with the recent struggles so, yeah.

Deuce, Fyreball, Richie_Rich and 4 others like this.