1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden - this roster fits you perfectly - reconsider!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The reason a lot of "Rockets fans" hate the Rockets is due to who the owner is, for Harden, he doesn't want to take responsibility for what he did to the team so he's looking for the exit hoping he can go somewhere that will carry him.....despite the reality that his best chance of winning is here.

One of the biggest problems for a while now is that Harden isn't the brightest or most mature person in the world. As such, you can't really appeal to logic with him.

abaker28 likes this.
  2. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

While I recognize how good we'd be if he stayed. I think we should just let him go. Just trade the dude for Simmons. We get a young guy we could build around and we all wont be so stressed over our time table to win a chip. Im sick of him going 3 of 100 on 3's in playoff games that count. I thought we would be lottery without him and it looks like we wont so let him go dude.

#62 Joe Rocket, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    Badrose likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What was the stats of his second best player?

Rocket River

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jordan had 33 in game 6 of the 92 NBA Finals, but it was John Paxson who won that game and closed out that series against the Suns. Jordan had 39 in Game 6 of the 97 NBA Finals but it was Steve Kerr who won that game and sent the Jazz home.

Even Mike had role players step up. Who besides James has ever shown any late season heroics? Plenty of them have shared his duds.

tycoonchip likes this.
  5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Lol Harden defenders are just like him. Excuses. Can't ignore the fact that he's not built for this.

6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Jordan was 6 for 6. Harden hasn't won anything.

7. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

No, it doesn't.

John Wall definitely does not fit Harden perfectly.

tycoonchip likes this.
  8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

When he reads this I hope he agrees with you.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

you're missing the point. Jordan also led the league in scoring how many years before he won anything? Wasnt until the right system arrived, AND the right teammates. Contrary to popular belief Jordan didnt win any of those rings on his own. He never won anything on his own. Only person in my lifetime I've seen drag a squad of average to a ring was Dream and that was just one magical year, the next one if it wasnt for Glyde we may have been one and done.

I know James in not Jordan, I use the mother of all comparisons just so that casual fans can understand that nobody can win alone ie Lebron, Duncan, Kobe, Shaq etc... etc...

33 year old Chris "ouch my hamstring" Paul was the best James ever got. Damn shame.

Richie_Rich, tycoonchip and HP3 like this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What was the stats of his second best player?

Answer the question.

Rocket River

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Wall just doesn't fit and I don't see All Star potential. I thought at first it might but now I'm not so sure! I think if Tad Brown walked up to Harden and said we will trade John Wall for Lillard, he might change his mind.

12. HardenVolumeOne

Duncan Robinson and herro are overrated

glynch, javal_lon and Joe Rocket like this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All-stars: Wood, Wall
    Super Backup Center: Cousins
    Key Rotational Players: EG, PJ, House
    Solid Role Players: GG, Nwaba

Strong potential: Caboclo, Brown, Tate

That's a good team and probably the best team Harden has been on as a Rocket.

Harden should consider staying as this team now on paper has the pieces to give the Lakers trouble.

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It does but way too many questions with Wall...? How healthy is he really?

15. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I entertained you earlier with James' stat line. We can go back and forth all day about "stats". My argument is that James just isn't built to lead and win a championship. He's not built for it. He's built for the offseason hanging with rappers at strip clubs.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

To be fair, the opposing team had nobody else to worry about once the guy who occupied almost half of the cap space went down.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jordan was 0 for 6 at one point too.

He didn't change, but his roster did.

Maybe C-Wood is the Pippen we have been looking for? Maybe Silas is the Phil?

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He looks good and achilles aren't injuries that recur once they are fixed. Question is if anything else on him will break down.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Michael Jordan is 0 for life without Scottie Pippen & Phil Jackson. Didn't win squat. It's a team sport. Superstars are important but they have to have help that finishes the job. Harden should shoulder a great deal of the blame but the team just wasn't good enough at the end of the day. But NO EXCUSES for Harden showing out of shape this year. It's just unprofessional & sorry.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member