1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden - this roster fits you perfectly - reconsider!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 18, 2020.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Seriously, this is far and away the most talented and versatile roster you have ever been on in Houston.

They can play small, they can play big, they can defend, they can shoot - there are 3 stars with you, Boogie and Wall, and a budding star in Wood.

Length, athleticism, smarts, defense - why would you want to walk away from that?

I know you have had your way, and you don't like the new constraints put on you, but if you would just step back and realize that these things and this roster could help you win a championship, it might be worth, considering.

No one in Houston is going to care if you change your mind and buy back in, everyone gets frustrated with their situation from time to time - but if you bail out on a team that YOU built, well, we don't forget either.

What we would like....as fans, is to see you pause, consider all your options, and see what Stone has built - this team would be the best Houston has had since you got here.....and that is saying a lot.

Go Rockets!

DD

2. riko

riko Member

While I agree Woods and Harden have historic great level potential as a duo, I think his mind is made up.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Dude can't even bother wearing a mask in the middle of a pandemic. Why do you think he'll think about anything other than himself?

Sen89, gatsby, xtruroyaltyx and 6 others like this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Some folks are starting the "its personal" narrative that even if Harden would like to stay that the team has made up their mind about moving him. Maybe more connected guys could chime in?

James should do a pre-emptive strike and make a statement saying he would like to play out the year with the Rockets and pass the horrible optics back to the franchise. (If James would really like to stay here that is)

Joe Rocket, D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I think it’s too far gone. It’s just common sense. If there was any chance he’s staying, Harden or the organization would shut it all down by making the statement “I’m staying” or “we’re not trading him”

gogispade likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

BigShasta and D-rock like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

DD about to jinx this whole process.

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I thought you wanted to trade him. Telling you man you are way too emotional lol.

kevtse, D-rock, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Why are you begging to keep a guy who is a certified primadonna? He's never won anything in Houston. The closest he got to the finals was with Chris Paul who was the leader on that playoff team. James was up 3-2 and had 2 games to show he had that killer instinct to close it out and he choked.

He spends the offseason during covid at strip clubs. He wants out. And now you're begging to keep him?

Good riddance James.

10. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not sure what the purpose of this thread is. James Harden doesn't read clutchfans.

HP3 likes this.
  11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

being a perfect fit doesn't make it a title contender. also, Wall is not a "perfect fit" next to James.

we don't know if this can be an elite team. maybe it will just be a very good team that will still lose in CF or semis.

banzai likes this.
  12. blackistan

blackistan Member

This roster is not winning a championship cmon now. I'm good with being optimistic but let's be realistic about this.

javal_lon likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

big fan of @DaDakota threads. I'm serious.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Trust the Jinx

Hippieloser likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Everyone reads Clutchfans!

DD

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, but James Harden has @DaDakota on ignore

sauces

lakersuck2, AroundTheWorld and D-rock like this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Harden only reads 99er threads. Post more of them.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Hey @DaDakota , is Harden still going to be wealthy by the time the trade happens??

Also, this is starting to irrationally piss me off. It's WOOD. His name is Christian WOOD. Not Woods. WOOD.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This team is not winning anything as long as Tilman is the owner.

I dont blame James for wanting to leave.