1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden thanks Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nimo, Jan 15, 2021.

1. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Translation: Your'e not good enough and I'm moving on.

Asian Sensation and CK Johnson like this.
  2. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

F**k em! The only "debt" he is going to have is that s**t restaurant he is about to open. Why would the front office, the coach or Wood want him back in 2 years? Anytime an EX girlfriend went and banged one of my friends, I was not taking her back. Burnt bridge.

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

That's true - but at the same time he also didn't bolt to LA or even let a FA chase ever occur, he would have left long ago. I mean he skipped playing college ball there... and I also don't think he'd have set up businesses/invested in the soccer team etc. in Houston if he didn't feel some connection here.

He honestly seems pretty loyal regarding commitments vs some newer players (obviously not talking about the recent drama) but going back to the college thing - https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...-james-harden-end-up-arizona-state/603900002/

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's coming back, I just don't think he'll feel obligated to play in LA like lebron did with Cleveland. So again not trying to disagree or argue, but harden definitely stayed longer than even I expected.

HP3 likes this.
  4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

This is it exactly. I can't count the number of times I have just wanted to walk straight out the door of my office in frustration, despite having worked at my current job for 6+ years. Even though they like me, I know at the end of the day, they would move on in a hearbeat without me. And my loyalty to the job only goes as far as I feel like I am treated well and respected. Once that trust starts to wane, I would have no hesitation about leaving. Why is it different for an athlete? Yes, there are fans involved, but that doesn't change the fundamentals of one's day-to-day work environment.

Look, he is 31. He knows he is already probably past his peak and doesn't have that many more good years left. He is not a physical freak like LeBron. He already has gained some weight over the years, and isn't as springy as he once was. He also has a ton of miles on his body already with the deep playoff runs and high usage rate. He sees his window closing, and between the Lakers and Tilman Fertitta, I know he doesn't see a championship happening in Houston in the next couple of years. He is probably right.

I don't like losing a player of his caliber, but from his perspective I understand the decision. I know he loved it in Houston until things got messy (this owner!) I appreciate the sincere sentiments expressed in his note, and I would totally welcome him back later in his career if it worked out that way.

5. Asian Sensation

Lol @ the thought of Harden delivering a Championship here in a few years because LeBron did it for Cleveland. Cause Harden is totally like Lebron right? He only had 8 years of his prime to deliver yet he couldn’t even make it to the Finals. Now you really think a 34+ year old Harden is not only going to come back but deliver a ring then? Seriously?

DaDakota likes this.
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Maybe the front office p***y footed too much. Harden didn't have to say it the way he did though. Could have just said I gave it all buts it's time to move on. Probably wouldn't have gotten as much backlash

D-rock and Nook like this.
  7. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Maybe repaying the debt will be in the form of leaving BKN after next year with KD, handing Houston top picks for years. One can dream...

Chasing_Chase likes this.
  8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

TMC?
    Took my codpiece
    Turn more copper
    Twist my c*ck
    Too much cookie
    The most corduroy
    Tender Mucking Care
    Thunder Makes Champions
    Tools, Munch Crap!
    Tilman murdered CP3?

I'm confused and reject whatever is offered.

sirjesse and Roomba like this.
  9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

What about westbrook? It's ok to be classless with him though lol

You just got to ignore it. Its like that when any star leaves a team without a championship. Not saying it's right but it's Impossible to please everyone. There's ungrateful ******* fans on every team.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Maybe, I still think people would be getting backlash. I also don't think Harden planned to say it..... I think the frustration over the humiliating loses to the Lakers in the playoffs and then the back to back games are why he said it.... he normally is more passive aggressive.

Deuce, D-rock, snowconeman22 and 2 others like this.
  11. Asian Sensation

That avatar is mother****ing HILARIOUS! Lmaooo!

Rockets4Life13 and sirjesse like this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, great point, hahah

Salvy likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

With that last line you may have a point lol....but I still will call it out I guess.

14. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

The one time LeBron made it to the finals in his first Cleveland stint was in an extremely weak east, and he proceeded to get swept in the Finals by the Spurs. LeBron struggled to get his team over the hump until he was surrounded with true star/superstar talent. This has been true at every stop. He couldn't even make the playoffs with the Lakers until AD arrived.

I agree a 34 year old Harden couldn't deliver a ring on his own, but if he came back to a Rocket team that was already starting to reload with some real talent, it's not an impossible scenario. Just like LeBron did when he returned to Cleveland once they had Kyrie (and turned their top pick into Kevin Love).

D-rock, CCity Zero and snowconeman22 like this.
  16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

"It's not you it's me" breakup vibes

chadyang likes this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It was gracious, but he gave up at the beginning of the season. That left a bitter feeling in my mouth.
    I still like James, but I no longer love him. Good luck in Brooklyn, but never against the Houston Rockets.

bro2044, chadyang and Patience like this.
  18. hakeemthagreat

Nope. He quit on us too many times in 8 years for a apology. Stone age is here and we don't tolerate quit culture

19. Denovo

Denovo Member

I appreciate everything Harden did here. But there’s no reason to comeback unless it’s for a farewell tour before retirement.

saleem and BigggReddd like this.
  20. Chasing_Chase

Chasing_Chase Member

tbh I was more upset when Chase Budinger was no longer with the Rockets

yes my user name is based off him