1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden suffers right knee injury in preseason game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ralphacy, Oct 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I dont know about you, but id rather play the MVP and get the best record possible since the West is that stacked.

2. bmd

bmd Member

Well, I guess people are a little sensitive because in the recent past, the team has said injuries were minor and they turn out to be major.

Two examples...

1. Terrence Jones has a thigh bruise. No big deal. Then it turns out he has nerve damage and can't move his leg and he's out for months.

2. D-Mo just has some back pain. He'll miss a couple games. Turns out he has a disc problem and needs season-ending surgery, and he's still rehabbing to get back.

3. Dwight just has a bruised knee. No big deal. Turns out his knee problem caused him to miss 40 games last season.

So I get that people are skeptical about the initial report of "bruised knee". We've heard "it's just a bruise" before...

2 people like this.
  3. txn

txn Member

I think he slapped the table just because he was mad with the previous TO :) Hopefully nothing serious and it does not look too bad from the video.

4. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

And you can't go on his teammates don't think it's serious b/c they are not doctors.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This without question. The biggest contributing factor to the Rockets' WCF appearance last season was having the #2 seed. It suddenly becomes a little easier to advance when you take care of business during the regular season.

6. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Still no update on this?

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Per Luis

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Harden doesn't really really on athleticism. He should be ok.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

How many updates do we need? He has a knee contusion (bruise). I seriously doubt they are doing an MRI or anything like that if that's what your waiting on.

10. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Dwight had a "sore knee" and he apparently tore his MCL

As another poster above me has posted, the Rockets organization is very low-key about serious injuries.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Exactly. The Rockets remain very tight-lipped about their players. If Harden was swimming in Galveston and his leg nearly torn off by a shark, the Rockets would be there to whisk him away to their own facility and no one in the media would be the wiser.

Morey's demeanor last night didn't put me at ease. I'm not on pins and needles, mind you, but like the rest of you, I'll be relieved to hear "don't worry, be happy, it ain't s***" from Morey or Rosas or whomever.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

is it possible that something similar to this happened to Harden?

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The Rockets aren't low key about injuries... Where does this notion come from anyway? Just because the initial assessment is one thing, then after further evaluation, it's reported as something else doesn't mean the Rockets are hiding injuries. The Rockets report injuries when they are diagnosed.

Look at Dallas. They didn't tell anyone until this year that Parsons had micro fracture surgery last season.

14. bmd

bmd Member

Probably not.. but I don't know.

When it happened to Terrence Jones that was the first time I have ever seen that injury happen.

People get thigh bruises all the time.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If it wasn't anything, we would know for sure by now. That much is true.

It's clearly SOMETHING. Whether it's truly serious or not, we can only wait and see.

16. bmd

bmd Member

I don't think they are "low key" necessarily... but several times in just this past season what appeared to be minor injuries and were originally diagnosed as minor injuries ended up being much more.

That's why people are still a bit uneasy about it.

17. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I think people are using "low key" to mean "deceptive", which I think there is a history of.

What you are confusing is the fact that if another team does it, or is even more deceptive with news assessments, then somehow it means the Rockets aren't. Sorry, not mutually exclusive. If I smoke and my friend smokes even more, doesn't mean I'm somehow a non-smoker.

We aren't comparing the honesty of Rockets to Mavs or whoever; we are seeing how much veracity there is to the recent health updates given from Rockets to us...those worried put very little credence on comforting words from them, given past experience. I think that's warranted.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you have any solid evidence to this claim?

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Plus we get things like:

"Donatas Motiejunas working his a** off to get back on the court!!!" (picture of D-Mo in space-age treadmill)

One or two days later:

"D-Mo out for the season, no playoffs for D-Mo, Rockets players commit seppuku...."

Granted, maybe the conflicting information is due to each report coming from a different source (I'm too lazy to go check), but we certainly were blindsided. There had been no indication that DMo was in such bad shape.

Plus we've had other nonchalant big injuries. Dwight's about to get announced as the starter for the game...then is hustled out...and barely plays for months on end (if at all); and plays in the playoffs with a meniscus tear and some other knee injury of which we were never told.

Here we go with the "Link!?!" posts. :)

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I gave you an example of a team that IS deceptive and some how you thought I was comparing two deceptive teams? OK.

The Rockets are not deceptive in reporting injuries. That's a ridiculous statement that's been circulating for years because of frustrated fans and the constant injuries suffered by Rockets players. The problem is some fans seem to want the injury to be diagnosed the moment it happens. There is no deception in finding out what the injury is then reporting it.

So I guess the Rockets are being deceptive because they are thorough? The Rockets are being deceptive because there isn't a steady stream of updates?