1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Situation Update anyone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by freddyg956, Nov 15, 2014.

1. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Anyone who saw the game yesterday against the Sixers obviously noticed that James was in pain through most of the game.
    When driving and getting he hit, he would lean over in pain. I know he hurt his ankle in Mexico, but this looked like a shoulder issue.
    Anyone have any updates or the status/severity of this injury?

2. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

Its seems that no news is good news.

3. archinkent

archinkent Member

Looked fine to me when he made the game winning layup.

4. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

That's what I'm thinking but you never know. Although he played through the end of the game he was in pretty good pain. Hope it's minor

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden has this weird way of making people know he is dinged up. He will stay on the court after a
    foul and wiggle his feet in air, wince in pain, limp back to the bench or free throw line. It will look like he is done for the game then the very next play will look like nothing is wrong with him. I didn't think he was going to suit up for the sixer game after the ankle injury in Mexico City. With the way he was acting, I thought he'd be out for 2 games.

Personally I think Harden is in a perpetual state of hurt with the way he drives to the bucket but seems to power through; he's pretty durable.

6. xlr817

xlr817 Member

I hope they decrease his minutes so he doesn't get worn down!:cool:

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't doubt your word.
    Let's see if there is any message from the Rockets. I hope everything will be ok.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This started with Iverson. The media would cream themselves talking about how tough he was, and what a warrior for playing through injuries.

Just like Iverson, numerous players these days go out of their way to let you know that they are hurt so they can get praised for fighting through injuries. Harden is one of the worse offenders, but ultimately it means nothing.

I wish somebody could put together a montage of players that seemed mortally wounded, yet were magically cured once the ball got into their hands.

9. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I don't know about faking an injury to get praise. Harden seems like a pretty tough guy, and he probably gets hit more than any other player in the league, because he seeks that contact. Him along with Dwight. I don't think he would wear that black tape, and under padded shirt to fake an injury.

10. FeaR

FeaR Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>James Harden left the game early and said it was for some ab pain. Said he would be fine.</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/533474470137036800">November 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

That happens though in sports. You may be hurt when you don't have the ball in your hands, or are in a timeout or halftime. But once the ball is in your hands, or when you start running up and down the court/field, you sort of forget about that pain.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

He left the bench and went into the locker room.

13. bmd

bmd Member

You don't forget about it but you just deal with it because you have to. You can't be massaging where it hurts while you are dribbling the ball.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

AB pain means he had to go... and when ya gotta go...

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Kind of the same thing. The adrenaline you get from playing and moving around makes it easier to deal and forget the injury for a bit. That's how it was with me in high school.

16. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Glad to hear harden is probably ok, but can somebody please tell me whats up with T Jones? Tried looking here about it.

I know he had a leg injury, I guess a cut. Does anybody know anymore and how it happened? Thanks.

17. NotChandlerParsons

Peroneal nerve contusion. I forget what happened, I think it was a collision.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

I don't see anything wrong with this, if my guy is playing injured but he's still playing who cares if he hams it up, at the end of the day actions speak louder than words so as long as he toughs it up on court I don't think it's a big deal if he lets you know about it. Way better than Carlos Boozer sitting out two months due to a broken pinky :rolleyes:

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I remember in an interview with bev when harden took a spill In practice early in training camp, bev called harden a machine and he's always ready. I think harden has the big body for his sz like lebron and it helps him get through minor aches and pains beause he has so much muscle around his ligaments that help out with all
    The contact he takes.

I have a torn meniscus and my dr said the best thing I can do is try and strengthen the muscles around the knee. Giving it more stability and comforts. I'm sure the rest of the Body is the same.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He had kin tape on his shoulder...my guess is he banged it up from knocking guys over with it, like he did MCW last night. Considering he did it then, I'm guessing it's not that serious.