1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden - Simmons trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HROZ, Oct 30, 2020.

1. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I agree, he is a bad GM. At the time I thought his ability to understand the game would result in him understanding what players would fit. The Westbrook move obviously was wrong, and proves he is not a good GM. Until that move, I did not see anything specifically that would lead me to believe he was a bad GM. I was incorrect in that original assumption. You actually have that amount of time and thought to bump a post from 1+ years ago. Prior to that move, I didnt think he was necessarily a bad GM, I just felt like he was using his influence in a way that prevented front offices from doing their job. The winning blinds you to those types of issues. The winning was what I was essentially basing the success / failure assumption on. I have no answer as to why Westbrook has been so well regarded among his peer. I am OK saying my assessment of Lebron in that one aspect from a while ago is incorrect, but I am not sure about you as a person who really has the time to bump quotes from a while ago to make yourself feel smart? I am assuming you do not get that satisfaction in your daily life, so must find it here. Given the number of posts you have in a short period of time and actual leg work involved in what you do, you seem like you want to make this your career. I will see if I can get a hold of Tilman and see if he can interview you for a spot in his FO. You are very talented.

#261 BallSoHarden, Mar 3, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  2. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It is confusing because @HP3 bumped a quote from 1.5 + years ago when it was relevant (this thread is from Oct 2020 LOL) , and he put in the leg work to dig it up and bump it into a thread in 2022. I am ok admitting my assessment of one aspect of Lebrons skill in 2020 is not correct two years later. I am ok with that since it is not my career to be correct lol. How many people are correct about things 2 freaking years later? Hell I change my assessment on Jalen Green every other week on this forum, am I not allowed to do that ? I am not a freaking pro GM, you expect me to be right about every aspect of every player 2 years after the fact? The guy with 18,000 posts in a short period who posted that takes it way more seriously since he actually bothered to bump old quotes making them out of context. I am not sure what you want, you seem angry typing in all caps. Do you want people to assure you that you are right? Will that make you less angry? You are doing good guy, relax.

#262 BallSoHarden, Mar 3, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

1. Lmao, it was just them and the Celtics and the Celtics already had a bad rep from what they did to Isaiah Thomas. And for the last time THAT IS NOT GMING LOL.

3. THOSE ARE FREE AGENCY DECISIONS come on dude sheesh

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Relax man, I didnt know you said it two years back. My apologies. Someone bumped this thread today, your post is on the page where this was bumped(which is like 2 pages from here).

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then you are the liar or simply naive.

Because I am going to judge them on their words AS WELL AS their actions.

Dipo acquisition was not about rebuilding, neither was the SnT for Wood and building offense around Wall.

6. dmoneybangbang

Lol…. Taking coach and Gm speak as gospel is the definition of naive.

So we ended up not getting the “star/all star” on the long term contract but instead got the “coming back from injury” RFA…. And that screams rebuild? Ooook.

Wood was acquired pre Harden trade.

And we didn’t end up building an offense around Wall.

Whoops.