1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden showing poor sportsmanship?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, May 29, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

great move by harden. if the league doesnt allow you even a chance to win the game on a fair note then why even bother competing

Reeko and Stormy1234 like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Don't know, maybe he should've done this? Probably, i feel like this will be see as a b****y move. Personally i won't blame someone if he refuses to make fake smiles etc...being true is never wrong.

3. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Ya know this guy just cant f*cking win.

At the end of the game when I saw him rip off his shirt and go right to the tunnel I thought "wow, this guy is pissed" I like it! He KNOWs we/he got hosed and he's not ok with it, Alright I like that.

Harden has been "that handshaking guy" after a series loss and the narrative becomes "look, he doesn't care enough" so f*ck it and f*ck Golden State. I'm sure they'll not miss Hardens handshake and it won't even be mentioned....

rantsolpuella13 and Stormy1234 like this.
  4. 1Deep

1Deep Member

That was the most blatant non-call to me.

The refs clearly hate Harden as well.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Westbrook did this and no one said ****. Who cares.

6. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Normally I would say you should shake hands after the game but in this case I dont blame James for not doing it because he should protest a bit harder he should have gotten a tech in the game on some of these bad calls. He is going to be the MVP and with that he must play all the angles. The greats not only were great basketball players they also put pressure on the refs to call things in their favor. It shouldnt be this way but if you have watched the NBA for a long time we have seen stuff like this before

7. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

He can shake their hands when we smash them next season.

Stormy1234 and Zboy like this.
  8. Mr. Space City

i like the fact that it showed he cared.

many people on clutchfans said that harden is very indifferent to losses.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You wouldn't stick around if you got cheated either.

Losing fair and square is one thing. He has always stuck around previously.

Losing because you gave it all and the refs robbed you off a fair chance to compete is another thing.

And I say this as someone who hardly complains about the refs.

When video replays are clear that zebras were running amok and when other players in the league are tweeting about how egregious the calls are then yeah...

[​IMG]

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

F**k the national media, f**k the refs, and f**k those lucky ass b****es by the bay.

Who cares whether we're liked.

Stormy1234 and Zboy like this.
  11. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I don't disagree with Harden in the least bit. The odds were already stacked against the league in an unprecedented way with Pussant joining a historical team. Harden lost his super star teammate to injury after going up 3-2. I'm sorry but I wouldn't shake that effing team's hands either. Harden has put his heart and soul into this team for the past 6 years and whether he shown 'class' or not, the media and mornic ungrateful fans will still grill him. I'm sure it's nice to be rich, but at least some of us know that money doesn't make you happy. At that moment in time, all he had left was his pride when it came to his life's passion and any one who wants to try and take that away from him can go eff themselves.

skroodup25, Stormy1234 and vlaurelio like this.
  12. houseofglass21

If you wanna talk about poor sportsmanship. Draymond Green acting like he was helping James up after a hard play in the 4th and then let go of him.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Refs care bro.

Elephant810 likes this.
  14. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Toyota Center Crowd is whack. I went to a game for the first time back in Jan of 17 against the Warriors and felt like I was at an Opera. I live in a Sacramento, CA which is an absolute **** hole and every time the Rockets are in town I fear for my life (not literally) but the point is that Kings fans are nuts about their team. Rockets fans at TC are so mellow; no one curses, no one gets mad, there's no passion. I'm telling you the crowds at Kings' games are able to make refs change calls left and right (the Kings just suck so it doesn't have too much of an effect on the end result) but I can only imagine how Scott Foster's b**** ass would have shat his pants if he had to hear it from such fans. (Yes I'm also aware of the Kings-Lakers 2002 series but keep in mind most of the rigged calls came at Staples center. Game 7 was largely a choke job) I love my Rockets to death (been a fan since 93 when I was 9 years old), but H-town is a whackass sports town (at least from my experience with the Rockets.

15. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I wonder wtf happened to Ryno, he was a great piece all of last season, and looked like he had even improved somewhat when he began the year. 20 million dollars a year for a guy who fell out of the rotation???? WTF happened????

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Nick_713 likes this.
  17. aroundtheblock2

So what. **** the media, they were always ******** on the Rockets. They can talk **** all they want.

Elephant810 likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

media rips him regardless of what he does. its no different. just another day

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

who fooking cares? Screw those light skinned cheating bastards

Stormy1234 likes this.
  20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Refs do what they're told by the league.