1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Selected as Reserve in All-Star Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by emoreland, Jan 29, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

How are customers ever entitled? Without us, there would be no NBA and Houston Rockets. Keep on sucking on the teat of multi-millionaires who receive their millions playing a sport.

You need some god damn perspective son.

#101 fchowd0311, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

No you don't....

You need guys who give their ALL on both ends of the floor... Who play as a TEAM on both ends of the floor. And who know their role..

T_Man

3. FeaR

FeaR Member

Morey can bring you 15 roles players who will play hard on both ends of the floor and they will get embarrassed by Warriors.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm lost. Which thread do we trash Harden in?

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Its sort of weird that the Rockets squad with the most potential is the one that lost me... I was there through out Steve Francis,T-Mac,Yao, Steve Martin?.... All these different eras and I wouldn't miss a single game... This is the first time I have ever stopped caring. I rarely watch the games, its not because I want to harm the NBA or The Rockets... Its because I stopped caring, when they did. I'm not paying an absurd amount of money to watch our team get ridiculed on the court every night. I'm not paying to have the NBA itself call bs calls and clearly target some of our players. I'm not paying to watch Barkley enjoy The Rockets struggle. I'm done for now.....

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden played well last night, therefore nobody cares.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Didn't watch the game but just looking at the box score, he should have hogged the ball more. He could have won MVP.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He did all right, but his game isn't conducive to an All Star Game. He is not flashy, just effective. He's not a high flyer like Westbrook, LeBron, or DeRozan. He's not a maestro with the ball like Curry or Paul. He's not going to barrel into the lane drawing fouls in the ASG. All he has in an ASG setting is the threes, and step backs.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kevin Durant was asked about Popovich coaching. Said Pop didn't coach at all. He let players draw up plays at each dead ball</p>&mdash; Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/699101155272462337">February 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Durant said he thought James Harden drew up some of the best plays.</p>&mdash; Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/699101320796504065">February 15, 2016</a></blockquote>

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

the plays must have been extremely difficult to execute with the lock down defense being displayed last night.

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

man.. if KD comes to Houston, they can pretty much draw their own plays... just need a good defensive coach.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Is anyone really surprised that Harden is so adept at drawing up plays? We all know that neither McHale or JBB can draw up a play if their life depended on it AND SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO IT at least on occasion.

Heck, JBB is still learning how to call time outs and set up a real (or consistent) rotation. He's had his hands full.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

If YOU give no effort, then that's on YOU. You can blame Harden for a lot of things, but if you have no balls or heart, then YOU have no balls or heart.

That's not on Harden.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

McHale, vindicated

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

James Harden would be happy to draw up some more plays for Durant if he would join the Rockets in free agency. :)

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Coach Harden.

[​IMG]

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">❌ &amp;⭕️'s <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBAAllStarTO?src=hash">#NBAAllStarTO</a> <a href="https://t.co/ryCoTKYKKj">pic.twitter.com/ryCoTKYKKj</a></p>&mdash; NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/699343339431264256">February 15, 2016</a></blockquote>

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If he couldn't play well in a game with literally no defense, then he shouldn't be in the NBA. If you are a guard in the All-Star game and receive enough minutes, you have no excuse scoring more than 20 or dishing 10+.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Haha okay. I guess we gotta kick Klay Thompson and Isaiah Thomas out of the league then...

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They did not get to hog the rock that much ....

We knew that Harden was Top 3 offensive talent in the league

and in an Allstar game where the guys put up 190 pts or more lol

23 is nothing but congrats to James

good but nothing spectacular from him, could have at least gotten 20-10-10

20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Still trying to see what the difference is too what's going on now....

I would rather have 15 guys out their busting their @$$ and giving everything they have then 15 guys who are so divided they are embarrassing this city and this organization.

T_Man