1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Selected as Reserve in All-Star Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by emoreland, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Um, that's exactly what I was getting at.

2. Asian Sensation

If you think an All Star snub is going to light a fire under Harden you're sorely mistaken. Not even an MVP snub (in his opinion) and a series loss to said MVP could motivate him. This is what what separates Michael Jordan from Malone and Barkley. The difference between Olajuwon and David Robinson.

It may seem unfair to compare Harden to the GOATS above since not many ever reach that status but when I see Curry improve and get even better after winning MVP and a title it's totally fair. It's clear Harden wasn't very focused or worked much on his game if at all during the summer.

Dropping 30 points a night doesn't mean you're focused.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not sure about Malone but Barkley was a consummate pro and competitor.

His talent level was good but not on Jordan's level. Talent won out

You could say he was only No2 or No3 at that time, not the best.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Anyone listen to the Bill Simmons podcast? Pretty sure he hates Harden now because he thinks Harden got McHale (legend for his Celtics) fired. He blames Harden for lacking leadership and being the reason everyone else on the team sucks. Partially agree with the first part but don't agree with the second part. Joe House and him were dumping on him and said he was undeserving (although Anthony Davis, Isiah Thomas, and Cousins were). Also they're both very pissed because they lost a lot of money betting Rockets to win 58+ game at the beginning of the season.

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Good because I feel like Lilliard deserves the spot more than Harden.

6. dream2franchise

I actually haven't listened to Simmons since he left ESPN (coincidently) and I feel like I'm not missing anything. Ditto with Jalen and Jacoby and The Starters.

I really only listen to Lowe and Woj now. Anyone else worth listening to?

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Statwise Lillard and Harden are about equal give or take which is where team record and win shares would kick in and Harden has him beat there. I could see the argument though.

8. OpenLayup-Why3?

Simmons was spot on on Harden. I would give no effort if Harden was on my team. Guess what, Rockets give no effort. It's Harden.

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Everyone has sucked from the get-go though. Preseason to the first regular season game to now, Brewer...Lawson..Jones...have looked like crap. He's not the reason they suck as players. It goes stem from lack of leadership though and Harden is apart of the problem.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Both are allstars without defending much

It's just a contest for an exhibition game, if you see it that way it aint that important to begin with

Kobe will step down and someone is going to replace him

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Congratulations, James! I think you deserve to be a starter, but at least you made the big dance.

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

And this epitomizes the sad state that some Rockets fans find themselves. All objectivity is out the window.

By the eye test and/or any statistical measure Lillard is by far the worse defender compared to Harden and Harden is EASILY the better offensive player.

Hell off ESPNs real plus minus Lillard is statistically almost TWICE as bad as Harden on defense.

To paraphrase a very recent ESPN podcast discussing who should be all star reserves the guys described Lillard as a "smaller, weaker, less efficient, and defensively worse, PG version of Harden."

Yet we have fans of the team Harden plays on who thinks an obviously worse player is more deserving of an all star spot.

Crazy.

1 person likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Does anyone even watch that crap anymore?

DD

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I agree.

Other than Harden averaging more points, rebounds, steals, and blocks, as well as equaling Lillard in assists, all while doing it on a higher FG% and rating out as a better defender for a team higher in the standings, Lillard absolutely deserves it over Harden.

2 people like this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So you wouldn't give "no effort" if Harden was on your team? That says a hell of a lot about you, dude, and very little about Mr. Harden.

16. ibm

ibm Member

i dont care much about the all star thing. but harden deserves to be on the squad.

and i am glad hou has someone to represent its team.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Man makes 10 times your salary but excerts little effort with half the job... yes, that would decrease moral in the workplace.

18. ibm

ibm Member

i agree.

otoh tho, if the ceo of my company makes hundreds or even thousands times more than i do,,, does the morale decrease bc of that? maybe, maybe not, eh? guess that depends on how the co. does. ~

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If an individual needs an excuse to do well at his job other than his own self-pride to do the best at whatever he is responsible for, that individual is a sorry piece of crap IMO. We don't work hard, because someone else does. We work hard for ourselves and those we take care of.

20. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I think the fact that it took around 40 games for 75% of the people here to turn on Harden after having an MVP season is a perfect example of the underserving douches that most people are on this board.

Why are we so entitled?

A part of me hopes that we trade Harden & become mediocre again, & I mean "Kevin Martin as our best player" mediocre.. because that's what we deserve.