1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden open to being traded to contenders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Dec 8, 2020.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks for correcting me.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We just have to find some sucker team where the gm and coach stupidly don’t value 3pt shooting and we send them Simmons for their best asset.

Knicks would be good if they would give us a great pick.

Philly will otherwise pay the price imo. More will understand this, I bet he’s quietly looking for a talker for Simmons.

3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

how the hell would they win a championship trading siakam away ? also serge and gasol are gone as well. it doesnt make sense

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Well, obviously the moves aren't done after trading for Harden. The Raptors are one of the best front offices in the league, so not sure why you think they'll find a way to find diamond in the rough type players to fill the void left by Serge and Gasol.

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

No way we send Simmons away in a Philly deal for harden.

DVauthrin and D-rock like this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/rV_W7ytYe

Thoughts?

Houston Trades
    • James Harden
    • Eric Gordon
    Houston Receives
    • Jamal Murray
    • Buddy Hield
    • Michael Porter Jr
    Denver Trades
    • Jamal Murray
    • Michael Porter Jr
    Denver Receives
    • James Harden
    Sacramento Trades
    • Buddy Hield
    Sacramento Receives
    • Eric Gordon
    Add some draft compensation in there, but I don't think it's such a bad deal. I'm sure it's tougher for Sacramento, so may have to throw an FRP that Rockets have accumulated to entice them to make the deal.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

You are likely right, but it really depends on what the Rockets decide to do. If the Rockets decide to bottom out and rebuild, AND the offers for Simmons are strong, then I could see Simmons being dealt for a lot of picks and prospects. Simmons is 24 years old right now, it is very possible the Rockets will not be a true title contender again for many years.

mikol13 likes this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd take him and then aim to trade him for the #1 or 2 pick in an upcoming draft.

Vivi, Sanity2disChaos and Nook like this.
  9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Think about this.

Harden was 23 when the Rockets traded for him.

Simmons is one year older and much more successful at this point in his career than Harden was when the Rockets traded for him. We've had a whole era of Rockets basketball with Harden and he was just a year younger than Simmons is now.

The team around Harden was Lin, Parsons and Asik.

The team around Simmons would be a playoff team now (Gordon actually fits like a glove at shooting guard and wouldn't it be nice to have the guy being paid $80 million be a crucial part of the team?) with the ability to create a TRUE CONTENDER within two years. There is no player I'd rather trade Harden for than Ben Simmons. I don't care about his shot, I don't care about his agent. He is a 7 foot point guard who has shown the ability to be defensive player of the year. You put him at Power Forward next to Christian Wood you have a top three Pf/C combo in the NBA. His contract makes sure he stays put for now whether or not he wants to be here. His age means that he will retain trade value if it doesn't work out.

fckbandwagons, Deuce, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  10. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

I am about sick of Harden let him go. If wants to go let him go. Good bye never didn’t nothing but have great regular season.

Playoffs choker.

11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

LOL. Denver trades not one, but TWO great young talents for an aging Harden. try again. and EGO has pretty much no value after his abysmal season last year.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

by time harden leaves rockets it would likely be a stretch run plus one season rental.

then lakers or clippers whichever is open

13. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you, but it really depends on what track the Rockets want to take and how good they think Simmons is. The Rockets may decide that they want a rebuild like the Astros or Celtics did, where they are terrible for 3 or 4 years or they may decide Simmons will the their center piece OR co center piece and take that route. At a minimum Simmons will be a long term all star with his defense, passing and size.

FWIW I don't think Tilman has the patience to go through a real rebuild.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Denver would do that trade in a heart beat........ they want to win a title, and they get a guy that has averaged 35 points a game the last two years, can play multiple positions, is a good defender and a very good passer.

Rudyc281 and ElPigto like this.
  15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I agree. There is no way he has that patience. I wouldn't either at this point in time.

Thybulle/Simmons/Wood is a great playoff team with youth on their side. Add in John Wall and Eric Gordon to those three and you have a team fighting for home court. You have a team that could probably get to the second round. Then all of a sudden you have teams begging to trade for Wall and Gordon in the offseason.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Those two young talents are not as good as James Harden. Jamal Murray may have had a badass playoff run, but that doesn't certainly make him untouchable. Denver with Harden is an instant championship contender. An aging Harden with two years left of prime basketball, I'd take it. I'm not saying it's an easy deal to make, but stop overrating Murray/MPJ.

Buddy Hield is unhappy in Sacramento and regardless of how low you guys believe EGs value is, I'm sure attaching a pick or two will help the Kings make the deal.

coachbadlee likes this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Then there's the fact that OKC owns their future picks and swaps ... outside of the top 4.

Would really suck to end up shipping OKC multiple early lottery picks ....

18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I guarantee they will not trade Murray and porter for Harden.

blahblehblah and coachbadlee like this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This 1000x

Not to mention as well Simmons and wood are both only 24 and 25 years old.

With the assets and cap flexibility in the near future to add another “star”.

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you. I can't believe how some members actually underrate Harden's value. They can cry about the iso **** all they want, but it's taken us to two WCFs, advanced several times to the 2nd round and overall have been championship contenders. Harden would be a legend at this point had CP3 not injured his hamstring. Hell, James Harden would of had a good chance in 2015 as well if D-Mo and Pat would have been healthy.

Some members are so freaking blinded by their iso-hate (and that's fine, I love motion basketball myself), but it's been ****ing effective.

Nook likes this.