1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden open to being traded to contenders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Dec 8, 2020.

1. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I think most people take "contender" to mean win the title. I guess you took it to mean get to the conference finals or the finals.

Apologies for not operating on the genius-level plane that you are.

IBTL likes this.
  2. s3ts

s3ts Member

3. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I think he's going to Miami for a package including Tyler Herro.

4. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I don’t believe for a second that Morey is out, but if he is which again I doubt, it’s Boston, Denver, Miami who would qualify as contenders and have young assets to trade.

DVauthrin and csnerd84 like this.
  5. finsraider

finsraider Member

lol at so much of this.

Jaylen Brown not available for Harden? Lolololooll

6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

It’s a long shot but we know what their potential is. There’s no harm in him giving it a run for a month or two

7. pass_to_Hakeem

Don’t believe anything a coach or player or GM tweet or say. Durant is a liar , DM lied... they all lie

RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How about trade Harden to the Nets for Durant? :p

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Anyone have this?

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

(8:45ish)

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/256-...-windhorst-if-clippers-have-another-74919853/

Windhorst:

Harden will not fit with some organizations. Some teams will not want to play the way Harden plays. As a result, a very small market even for a player who’s been at an MVP level for 5-6 years. There’s just not that many teams that can trade for him. This is gonna be difficult. He looks out there and sees 5 options. I think there’s one or two. The option that makes the most sense is the Sixers in a trade for Simmons because that’s a star for star trade, PG for PG but it’s complicated because the Sixers GM just left, kind of in a huff. That’s complicated. If you’re the Rockets, this is your next 5 years. You mess this up, you can be in a wasteland for a long time. I don’t know if Harden will ever play for the Rockets again. If he does, probably for an abbreviated period of time. I don’t see how this is gonna exactly work out.

DeBeards, D-rock, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

seriously, there is one trade. If he's going to be traded they need to pull the trigger. If he's not then he needs to sign an extension now to silence it for a year.

It's Simmons + Thybulle + Draft Assets + maybe one more player for Harden and PJ. It's the obvious deal. Suck it up if he's really demanding out.

DCHAMP, DVauthrin, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

76ers only make sense for Morey and as sad as this sounds..... Meek Mill. We won’t get Simmons. Harden won’t make finals with 76ers.

Nets. His probably go to team. Dangerous trio.

Heat and Celtics is what we should go for and he will cry his ass off. I can see Riley doing a Herro deal but just sit back and think how bad that sounds.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Can anyone clarify whether or not Harden has a no-trade clause or would he have to resort to scaring off non-contending teams by telling them he won't be happy there?

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

If fatty only sees one or two options that means there’s about twelve options

Deuce, jiggyfly and D-rock like this.
  15. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

lol at Windbag

D-rock likes this.
  16. Aruba77

so Tilly, who apparently made Morey flee and alienated the 2nd best Rocket in franchise history, is going to put his ego ahead of what's best for his team? sounds like par for the course to me.

Gakatron, D-rock and BMoney like this.
  17. Aruba77

This is probably one of the stupidest things i've ever heard and complete misguided speculation. i mean, Windbag should be ashamed. This is not only pathetic ....it's illogical.

yeah he nailed it. small market for a top 20 nba all time player still in his prime. no market at all actually because he plays funny. What a freaking idiot.

18. pass_to_Hakeem

No he doesn’t have a “No Trade Clause”

Two Sandwiches and Tristan_fiore like this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

He doesn't have a no trade clause, still, no team is going to trade the farm for a 31 years old player that doesn't want to be there.

20. gogispade

gogispade Member

Lets go, listen to this man and do that deal right now.

Two Sandwiches and D-rock like this.