1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden on Giannis: “I wish I could just run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Macdaddy91, Feb 28, 2020.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. Dredd

Dredd Member

**** the Giannis excuses, the guy flat out lost. He should be called out daily for his failures.

napalm06 likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

It comes with the territory. He deserves all the backlash for losing to an 8th seed without even their 2nd/3rd best player and clearly choking at the end of the game, who clearly wanted no part of getting the ball. That kind of stuff for a supposedly great player is pretty pathetic trying to hide purposely.

When he played hot potato after the jump ball and nearly threw the ball out of bounds only thanks to middleton for saving it was just cringe lol

napalm06 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Funny incident and probably his lowlight.

5. riko

riko Member

Giannis would be a ring less offensive foul machine had Kyrie and Harden not got injured in the nets V Bucks series in 2021

Rocket River and pippendagimp like this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

But he has a ring and that will always carry weight even if us old grumps are shaking our fist over him getting to the rim while running over everyone with no calls.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

and while he has a ring, this past showing will always carry weight as well and rightfully so. It goes both ways

giannis missed 13 free throws. fouled strus. had 7 turnovers. played scared af at the end of the game in which they led by almost 20 in the 2nd half

B-Bob and pippendagimp like this.
  8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Giannis is an amazing ambassador for the NBA and seems like a good person. I won't let my Rox fandom distract me from those opinions.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Rings erase a lot. Harden has way more failures than Giannis and none of the success

roslolian likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

I’m not talking about harden. I’m talking about Giannis and what just happened and him choking this series is definitely relevant

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It's relevant for what? He's still a top 3 player in the NBA and will be contending for titles into the foreseeable future. As of now, he's a hall of fame player with at least one ring. His legacy is fine.

roslolian and glimmertwins like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's relevant to whatever criticism comes his way and his career and this is now part of his resume whether you like it or not. like i said it comes with the territory.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Lmao, its so funny to me that you would rather dick ride other players who have never played here and crap all over the second greatest Rocket ever. Truly sad

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

G-anus would foul out of every single game if the league didn't mandate looking the other way on his nonstop charges. meanwhile harden and yao were called for charges even when defenders were very obviously flopping like b!tches. meanwhile if harden or yao got 23 FT's in an elimination game every media outlet would have blasted them. and if they missed 13 out of those 23 hahahahhaaaa

only in a corrupted WWEsque league does this fuking clown w/ minimal offensive skills get whistles galore

Rokman, Ancient Moabite, riko and 2 others like this.
  15. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

The guy missed 13 free throws. The guy went 1-9 in the 4th. The guy touched the ball after the jumpball and threw it to middleton as if it was a ball.made of **** and he didn't want to get his hands dirty, which was almost a turnover. HE is the one to blame for this particular loss. There's no way around it.

pippendagimp likes this.
  16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Hate this loser mentality about there is no failure in sports the media is pushing now. Trying to make pro sports FFPS. wtf

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

media is going into overdrive to coddle Giannis today

If there’s no failure in sports, then why all the clowning of the Clippers in the Bubble?

if this was Steph, Lebron, KD, etc that lost a 1-8 matchup they would be getting absolutely destroyed right now

not Giannis tho

some guys are just protected by the media

18. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Or Durant shoe is a cm smaller.

riko likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lebron and KD yes. Steph no.

Giannis and Steph are likable and jave a squeaky clean image, of course media has bias on them.

As for Giannis choking in this game I dont think its a big deal, as the other poster said his legacy is secure as he has B2B MVP and has a ring. Having 1 bad game doesnt really mean anything, I mean Lebron also shot 1-9 from 3 for 29% FG how is this any different?

Plus all the people saying he choked conveniently forgot Giannis also put up 38 20 lol wtf. You clowning the guy with 38 and 20, 13 fts are big but arent exactly as big as 38 and 20.

This will only matter when Giannis is already a GOAT contender and people start nitpicking on why he aint the GOAT. He aint there yet.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Steph, yes

Did Lebron just lose to an 8th seed? U really just asked how that’s any different? Lol, seriously…

please tell us how Giannis did in the 4th quarter and OT