1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden on Giannis: “I wish I could just run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Macdaddy91, Feb 28, 2020.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yeah, that's not near-max production in today's NBA, especially given his poor shooting percentages.

roslolian likes this.
  2. HardenVolumeOne

hakeem is the goat, but look at how embiid is treated in comparison to giannis and jokic and you will see how hakeem would be treated today. Especially the fact that he is muslim. You saw how shabazz muhammad got ran out of the league right

#862 HardenVolumeOne, Apr 1, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

The Holic has come back to the Rockets section.

4. HardenVolumeOne

giannis is lightskin, and claims to be greek. he doesnt play for team nigeria

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Some of these Harden Nut Huggers are as bad as Jeremy Lin only fans.

It's almost like their lively hood depended on him, hey wait a minute, maybe they are strippers.......

WTF? You gotta show proof of that - I mean that is not what I would call anyone - ever.

Or are you talking about someone else in here call someone that? And they are on my ignore list?

DD

#865 DaDakota, Apr 1, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
    roslolian likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Theres Nut huggers like hardenvolume1 praising the man, watching nonrockets game to cheer his idol and then there's folks like u still butt hurt about harden leaving us, also following but rooting for him to fail. Bitter exes lashing out.

Just accept he moved on and wish him the best, he ain't here to hurt u anymore.

Harden was one of the finest to suit up for us, he didn't get us the ring it's happens.

Appreciate the game and players that come and go holding all that hate like Asian Sensation has for Harden isn't good for your health.

Folks like to rewrite history painting Harden in the most negative views, but honestly without him we would have been stuck in the mediocrity treadmill for God's knows how much longer.

8. DaDakota

You got it all wrong man, I ain't butt hurt he left, I am happy as HELL he left, because he is declining and we got all the ball out of him we were gonna get - and when he started making demands like getting rid of CP3, I knew he would never win anything.....

The only year I was TRULY enjoying with him was the 65 win team, but because he has major character flaws, and can't stand a tiny bit of criticism he forced out CP3, and we signed that all stats loser Westbrick.

Harden was an amazing watch - this is true, one of the best scorers of all time - he just wasn't the most important thing.....a winner.

I just don't understand why people can't let it go - and just cheer for the Rox....right? He is gone, wish him well, see ya later.....let's go Rox!

DD

roslolian, supaflyz, DreamR and 2 others like this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Near max player? He's a career 11-point scorer with an average of 2.7 assists per game. He's not a PG. He's a SF who was used as a ball handler in some match ups. Stop the revision. He's a great defensive player. Very good entry passer. He's pretty much Shane Battier before Battier. I loved Reid but he's no max player. Would anybody pay Battier max? And Battier is arguably better than Reid. Can you imagine your second best player is a lesser Battier? Give me a break!

roslolian and clos4life like this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Sure, I give you that Harden had a longer career as a Rocket. If that's a criterion for being "better" then I don't have anything to say. But if you ask which player is the better player, it is very debatable and I don't think you can automatically say Harden is better like you assume.

Moses Malone promptly won a championship when he was traded to the Sixers to play with Dr. J's team.

Also, don't forget that scoring was much lower back then than today. If you just look at scoring, you will have a distorted view on the guy's impact on the game.

roslolian and HP3 like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

For sure. Who was better was not the question(in which case Moses has a much stronger argument). But as far who was the greater Rocket, I think Harden edges him out there imo.

Easy likes this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The rest of that 1981 Finals Rockets team with Moses wasn't devoid of talent, with Reid, Mike Dunleavy, Billy Paultz, Tom Henderson (the starters), and Murphy (6th man at this point) Bill Willoughby, Allen Leavell off the bench. However, compared to the Celtics, packed with future Hall of Fame players like Bird, McHale, and Parrish, as well as having players like Cedric Maxwell, Tiny Archibald, M.L.Carr and others, the Rockets should have been blown out. They weren't. @Easy was simply speaking the truth, although Calvin might have disagreed with him. ;-)

Bobby Joe Reid was one of my favorite players, I loved the guy, but he wasn't a max player then and wouldn't be one today, with all due respect. You're going a bit overboard, I think, but prime Bobby Joe Reid would be terrific in today's NBA and would have been paid extremely well. I wish we had that player on the Rockets today. Well, maybe after the end of this season.

Easy likes this.
  13. DaDakota

1. Hakeem
    2. Rudy T
    3. Harden
    4. Moses
    5. Murphy or Yao

Rudy over Harden because of the coaching.

DD

xtruroyaltyx and Easy like this.
  14. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dream and Clyde won at least one while handling scoring load.

Harden is under dream in terms of output as a rocket.

But he didn't get us to the finals like Moses or Rudy.

I'm ok with him being number two given he won an MVP as a rocket but it's still debatable.

xtruroyaltyx and Easy like this.
  16. Asian Sensation

1) Hakeem
    2) Moses
    3) Murphy
    4) Hayes
    5) Drexler
    6) Ralph
    7) Yao
    8) Rudy
    9) OT
    10) McGrady

413. Serge Zwikker
    414. James Harden
    415. Jeremy Lin
    416. Bobby Brown
    417. Shandon Anderson
    418. Antoine Carr

DaDakota likes this.
  17. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

This thread is great, we got my boy @HardenVolumeOne who assures us that Rockets fans all hate harden because he's too darkskinned for a city that's like 1/3rd black.

Then the Hater King himself @Asian Sensation, who I expect will now deliver a long post as to why the Grizzles made the right pick when they selected Hasheem Thabeet over James Harden back in 2009.

DreamR and Ekiu like this.
  18. Asian Sensation

This ****ing guy on his 6th or 7th different account trying to blend in as someone new.

[​IMG]

19. bmelo

bmelo Member

I read this forum since 2004 and never seen poster so dumb

roslolian likes this.
  20. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

I don’t know if some of his post are just trolling us or is he legitimately thinks that way and is that dumb in real life.

bmelo and roslolian like this.