1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden not selected All-NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by split41, May 27, 2016.

?

Harden didn't deserve an All-NBA selection

1. Agree

25 vote(s)
    37.9%
  2. Disagree

41 vote(s)
    62.1%
  1. split41

split41 Member

As a rockets fan, even though James was a major piece during our collapse he still put up great numbers, I still think he should have made maybe third team.

Cousins made it and he's on a worse team, so why not JH? Some here seem glad that he didn't make - to teach him a lesson or something, but are they the majority or rox fans or a vocal minority; what is the true consensus?

Let's get a poll happening!

Here's the result BTW

[​IMG]

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

BREAKING NEWS

Kevin McHale fired

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

He's on the fourth team.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

How do you know this already?

You have inside sauces bro?

6. split41

split41 Member

7. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I think the voters made the wrong call, but it was borderline enough that I'm fairly unoffended. I would have been shocked if he got second team, I just figured he would definitely be third.

Statistically, he had a better season than Lillard, Lowry, or Thompson, they were just all associated with teams that had positive seasons. And I don't really begrudge people voting for players from good teams.

8. marky :)

marky :) Member

9. MistaK

MistaK Member

Yeah only that's not what they usually do and that isn't what the All-NBA team is or should be about

10. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I kind of agree. All those players have been more dedicated than Harden THIS year. Hard work deserves recognition.

11. split41

split41 Member

Haha, whoops.

I just didn't really see any major discussions about it, though. I think the results are kind of surprising and definitely an indicator of the momentum shift of James Harden as a brand from "Players MVP" to, well, what I guess people think of him now.

He had a statistically extraordinary season, but losing, rumours and questionable free time activities have really hurt his image. He didn't meet the expectations he set for himself and the team and now he's getting the stick.

12. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Appears to have gotten more points than LaMarcus Aldridge. So, James Harden third team small-ball lineup!

Well, which guard would we delete from the first three teams? Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Lilliard, Lowry, Thompson. Lilliard seems to be the weak link, but his play translated into a lot of unexpected wins for Portland.

13. onreego

onreego Member

Pretty big discussion yesterday but then the D'Antoni news hit and for the first time in years Clutchfans agreed on something. It was bittersweet.

14. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

On numbers alone he should have made it. But, on total package and that is leadership and such I don't have a problem with the omission. Harden came in to prove a point in 2014-15. He proved that point. For me, he regressed last year. Maybe got a little full of himself. Surely did zero work on his game. Maybe this decline in recognition will light a fire. If it doesn't then I really don't think he cares about on the court success with regard to rings etc.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

harden had the unique scenario of winning player of the month in april, yet people moving him further down the all nba rankings, how that works other than because harden, im unsure.

16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Disagree...and disrespect. Disrespect on the voters part. James should be there. And a lack of respect for himself, his teammates, coaches, FANS, and the Rockets organization. James is a pro and needs to act like it now. Come in already in shape...and stop partying so much. I'm supremely
    confident this will happen as he will be coming off the Olympics. The question is will he stay in that place or go back to the laissez faire attitude.

Beard is an immense talent. He's going to put up crazy numbers in MDA/Les's show. The man needs help (personnel wise) on the court and structure in his life/and on the court.

Unfortunately, instead of dealing with this, it appears the Les/Rockets are going to cater to it for entertainment value.

I see the wisdom of putting James in a situation, like when he's around his "peers" at USA basketball camp. This is most likely impossible to duplicate, but perhaps an attempt to embed a similar culture....with a system.. I guess that's one thing that's going in here...who knows at this point..

#16 Plowman, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  17. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

"Hey momma, I didn't make the playoffs, but I made the All-NBA team!"

18. PhiSlammaJamma

Harden is likely a top 50 player all time. There are only 5 players on that list who will join him. 29-8-6 is MVP stuff for a season. It's HOF stuff. He's doing that nightly.

But the takeaway is simple. Winning is everything. And if you want to win you need to go to another level defensively.

There is no time for sensitivity. There is only improve and wash out the liabilities.

19. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

MVP next season easy.

20. True Rocket

True Rocket Member