1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden not getting calls might be a tactical conspiracy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jfbradley1985, Mar 1, 2013.

1. CCM721

CCM721 Member

How can they change that rule? Make it legal to hit people in the arms? Make it illegal to stick the ball out? Don't see either one of those happening.

2. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

What's stupid about it. He draws the foul and gets the contact. A ref is stupid for blowing a whistle on contact?

What does he do that is so bad specifically? Sticks the ball out there? LOL... Um is that any worse than a pump fake, that is legal?

Exactly.

3. logggur

logggur Member

Despite that having nothing to do with Harden getting calls, Pop didn't follow league protocol when sending players home. Stern definitely didn't handle that situation properly, but Pop/the Spurs definitely had a fine coming for it.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

harden needs to make a better effort to finish like wade or get on with the play when fouled. the less like kevin martin the better, he does sometimes fall into the trap of looking for a call.

5. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

Actually I he blocked the trade to screw up the Lakers, they were gonna get Chris Paul which would be game over for the league.

6. liljojo

liljojo Member

A Spurs/Thunder WCF would be ratings heaven.

7. ejarts

ejarts Member

lakers pay high taxes and makes nba a lot of money. they are one of the babys of the nba. versus houston who nobody seems to care about except people from houston and lin, harden followers. in sports, money is king. this isn't a farfetched idea. this is a business after all.

8. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

What Martin did and what Harden does is completely different. Harden takes it hard to the basket and Martin was raking his arms thru the defender and jumping into players. They won't be able to stop making calls as much on Harden as they did on Martin.

#28 Billionzz, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  9. conquistador#11

remember how they stopped calling fouls on martin yet the divas could still make that same move and go to the line? it wouldn't surprise me.

10. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He had 11 free throws last night, I don't see the conspiracy angle.

11. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Stern was once asked what his ideal NBA Finals would be...his response was something like "Can I have Lakers vs Lakers"...

12. LivinLikeLarry

No he blocked the trade because he felt like the hornets ( Who are league owned so many feel Stern feels respsonsible for them ) were not getting enough value back for Paul. I believe Stern even said he wanted the Rockets to throw Goran Dragic and Patrick Patterson into the deal, but I'm not positive on that one.

In any case, the Rockets actually got the best end of this blocked deal long term so doesn't Stern just look foolish. :eek:

13. SeabrookMiglla

as a player, harden somewhat relies on getting calls from the refs with his euro step. but i guess many star players do it too, not knocking harden's game but it is something to consider. i think his injury has slowed him down a little bit too. but yeah, NBA is rigged. not that hard to see, this is big business- nothing new.

14. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Wouldn't it be easier to rig Utahs games since they're easier to catch? Is there any correlation with the refs making bad calls with them?

Might just be the refs are calling harden different....

15. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

How's about the truth? Harden doesn't get fouled nearly as much as most of CF thinks.

16. cml750

cml750 Member

It would not surprise me at all if Refs didn't get marching orders from Stern.