1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden NO LEGEND...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Almu, May 11, 2019.

1. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I bet you I got the player right and I bet you this time...its TRUE (for those that don't know what the hell I am talking about, archives...1997)...

First of all...hi. :)

Now...

I tried my absolute BEST to give this team the benefit of the doubt.

I tried to hold in my vomit when I saw that the Rocks were reverting back to the ISO/Cuttino Mobley/Steve Francis type system. I tried to not kick the tv when I saw that the Rocks either shoot the ball from damn near half court with 20 seconds left on the clock or dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, and hoist a 3 while flopping on the floor looking for a bailout from the refs. I tried to not fall for the Harden magic in the regular season and tried to not let me wonder...is this finally the year that ends the 25 year championship drought? I tried to tell myself that, though this years team isn't as good as last years team, the Rocks could find a way ESPECIALLY after Durant went out for the last two games.

And guess what? Here I go again on my own...

Make no mistake about it...this is James Harden's fault. Why? Because he got AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLL the damn credit when things were going right. He got AAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL the damn credit when he was scoring 150pts a game, when he was jacking up shots at a record pace, when he was playing the worse type of basketball I have ever seen. So now, he gets all the freakin blame.

Because he is the leader. He is the one that disappeared during game 5. He is the one that wanted old ass CP3 here (who is what Charles Barkley was when he got to the Rocks).

Harden is like...he is our Russell Westbrook. For all the "pretty" during the regular season, its ucking FUUUUUUUGLY when it matters most.

Kobe said it the best...his type of basketball does NOT win championships. It just doesn't. This SYSTEM is super flawed because if you live by the 3, you will sure as hell die by the 3 when you just get A LITTLE cold.

Did you see the Warriors play? They lost their best player and they all stuck to the system, made minor adjustments and kicked ass anyway. For all the freakin b****ing about this team not having CP3 last year and that it could of won if he was able to play 6 and 7...the Warriors showed us that excuses are for biatches and you have to knuckle up, put on your big boy pants, pull that straw out of your pocket and suck it up.

This team is hard to watch, even harder to root for, has the lowest IQ of any team since the Mobley/Francis days AND play in the worse system in basketball.

By the way, Morey, if you can just stop that stupid look you walk around with as if you recreated basketball, you would notice that the way you win championships is by copying EXCELLENCE. Your analytics don't mean PENIS if you keep losing to a team that plays the right way in a system that promotes assists over 3's.

Anyways, I like to end it with this thought...

Back in 1999, a post from theFREAK stuck in my head even to this day. He asked..."will the Rockets win a championship in the next 10 years".

Its 2019...Almu asks...will the Rockets win a championship in the next 10 years?

I will vote the same way as I did then.

deb4rockets and tinman like this.
  2. xaos

xaos Member

Where is the poll, Elmo

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There is a world of difference between this team now and what we were back then.

If I had to bet, yes we will win one in the next 10 years. If it’s to happen, it probably will need to be in the next 2 or 3 years.

But I enjoy a good, spirited rant even when I disagree with the substance of it, so kudos on an entertaining read.